Holidays
Local
Radar
Pollen
DiagonalRedLine

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

59 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Creeping just above 28c at Edinburgh airport now. A degree or so cooler here at around 26 or so. A scorcher! BBQ primed and ready!

As far as I can tell that's the highest temp at Edinburgh Airport since 2009. If it's not the warmest it'll certainly be one of the warmest, 28C is a rare beast.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

As far as I can tell that's the highest temp at Edinburgh Airport since 2009. If it's not the warmest it'll certainly be one of the warmest, 28C is a rare beast.

Weather Underground now showing 29.3c for the airport!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Weather Underground now showing 29.3c for the airport!

2nd July 2009 hit 30C, if that 29.3C is correct it's the 2nd warmest temperature in eleven Years. The temp records I'm looking at are incomplete before then. 

https://en.tutiempo.net/climate/ws-31600.html

Edited by CatchMyDrift
Putting right linky in.
  • Like 1

Maxed out at 26.9c. this morning. Did not get any hotter in PSJ. Now 24.7c. 

Just noticed it is in the wrong area but like Scotland anyway.. 

Edited by ARTDEMOLE
  • Like 2

We got up to 22C after the breeze eased off. Still 20C now, quite pleasant but not 28C. 'snot fair.  Someone's gonna get hosed tonight.

2 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

2nd July 2009 hit 30C, if that 29.3C is correct it's the 2nd warmest temperature in eleven Years. The temp records I'm looking at are incomplete before then. 

https://en.tutiempo.net/climate/ws-31600.html

Not sure if it's 100% accurate on Weather Underground. Met Office says it reached 28c but I think it uses Gogarbank which is midway between here and the airport. Regardless - a scorcher!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Celt said:

We got up to 22C after the breeze eased off. Still 20C now, quite pleasant but not 28C. 'snot fair.  Someone's gonna get hosed tonight.

LOLs, HC. Yesterday morning, when I turned on the outside tap,  the hose did a birl. No damage done though, just a new hairdo needed :).

• Like 1

I'm at Glasgow airport where it's that rare beast, a genuinely warm evening in Scotland. 25c at 2000. Lovely! Heading off to Reykjavik tomorrow where the forecast is 10c and drizzle! 

12 hours ago, ciel said:

LOLs, HC. Yesterday morning, when I turned on the outside tap,  the hose did a birl. No damage done though, just a new hairdo needed :).

Usually just my trous that get wet. Then the cats, if they're unlucky. Or Ms HC if I'm being naughty.

11 hours ago, Hawesy said:

I'm at Glasgow airport where it's that rare beast, a genuinely warm evening in Scotland. 25c at 2000. Lovely! Heading off to Reykjavik tomorrow where the forecast is 10c and drizzle! 

That's not good... After my recommendation a few days ago of Norway for good May weather, I checked what they're getting.  It's dire - we'd call it typical Scottish winter of sleet and low cloud. Oops.

One huge bonus for getting up early for work at the moment have been the sunrises. Another beauty today although the pic is just stood on the road outside my house.

20170527_045837.thumb.jpg.83a53d9007d429d6ad05044c14c24a2b.jpg

Some of us will be getting drowned later, it looks pretty substantial what's coming. Stay safe.

17052718_2_2618.thumb.gif.362d34ff0155f8a188f1292eccd0bc8f.gif17052721_2_2618.thumb.gif.44174ea4932c52443779255af5de5b73.gifukprec.thumb.png.f9fa6a5ee21f1f8005f9f7af9a06540c.pngukprec-1.thumb.png.61ffb594c412b57727e09503f0cab872.pngnmmuk-1-20-0.thumb.png.8270450fdd05c4d4735ab1fb0e18522b.png

Locally severe flash flooding is possible with these rainfall rates. 

• Like 3

Band of rain moving through here right now

That's the advance party shaking the drops off their ponchos now, looks like another couple of hours before the tanks roll up.  Not as much whizzbang in there as was perhaps forecast - a proper storm would be welcome entertainment!

38 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

That's the advance party shaking the drops off their ponchos now, looks like another couple of hours before the tanks roll up.  Not as much whizzbang in there as was perhaps forecast - a proper storm would be welcome entertainment!

There's plenty of showers on the move, perhaps a late show for some? Fingers crossed as a good rumble and lashing rain would be nice to see :)

They took away our warning but we have a thunderstorm on the go now.

In lanark just now and distant thunder now getting close, skies getting very dark to south

Last few days have been tropical.

Maxes back home were 27.5c on Thurs, yesterday a roasting 29c 

Today so so humid and hovering at 24c currently, was 26c earlier on.

Humid, cloudy and grey. I like this weather actually as the old drafty farmhouse never gets uncomfortable.

Whereas doing 9 hour shifts in an office with 100 + people and computers with NO A/C was a nightmare. Sweat was unreal. Conditions up in Stirling were within a degree of down here

Edited by SW Saltire
  • Like 2

Throwing it down with some thunder at the moment. 

• Like 1

Don't usually pop in after snow season but wanted to take a peak as dropped kids to cub camp near Denny this morning and wondering how they'll all fair in view of the forecast. OH and myself have had a fab day so far,  stomped up Dumyat this morning and have a restaurant booked for later as cub camp has coincided with our wedding anniversary.  We've only had about 2 child free nights in the last 10 years so will not be amused if this one's scuppered by the weather. Hugely humid here in Falkirk,  feels like Cornwall. 

DSC_0208.JPG

*Looks at storms on radar and thinks 'come to daddy'*

• Like 2

There's loads of stuff south of me, west of me, and north of me. But here I am, with no rain and bright skies. Had some rain but didnt last long and road drying already. Hope I still get something ...

• Like 1

A few heavy showers this afternoon,  but only a handful of flashes and rumbles. hopefully a bit more interesting this evening.