Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
5 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

A warm welcome to the forum Dbarb. :)

Certainly looks very wet where you are!! Here's a tweet from Essex Weather Centre earlier this evening that reports Maldon topping the Essex charts! 

598b7473a2e05_EWCtweet.thumb.jpg.f6c4cf5fd3570b24973efb3c0c2a89c6.jpg

Indeed I'm in Maldon too and I'm not suprised that we top the charts.

I'd be interested to know Brentwoods total which is where I've been working outside all day!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Today has topped the most miserable day of summer so far I think. Brought back dreary memories of 2007 in all honesty. It's been a dreadful day with a horrid chill NNE wind throughout. 

• Like 2

Posted

The rain woke me up at 3am. It was so heavy I had visions of it leaking into the house, not checked the back bedrooms yet as thats where it came in last time and bought down the ceiling!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Trying to work out why the showers are moving north west, asumed it would be moving east. I take it the front is still somewhere west of us moving east?

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

It was a very gloomy start here and  it is feeling chilly at 13C. Some blue sky and sunshine now appearing, yay :) Feels almost surreal lol

Posted
28 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Trying to work out why the showers are moving north west, asumed it would be moving east. I take it the front is still somewhere west of us moving east?

Ment sw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well at least the sun is out here this morning so it makes today better than yesterday for a start.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
29 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

According to the Met Office Fax Chart the front was expected to be just to the west of Kent.at 06.00. The latest radar with the line of showers suggests it's now about to exit Kent. Not sure about the direction of movement as wind over Kent forecast to be NNE this morning.

598c1294064ae_FaxChart10Aug06_00.thumb.jpg.7a524dd304d87b3eb1f43049cf129f3f.jpg598c12a374ba6_RadarThur10Aug08_40.thumb.jpg.ce7957b2ff183fdcded0d9f6013f703d.jpg

As for yesterday's rain, the Met Office reporting 35mm at my local station (Wattisham) and the wettest place in the UK was Kenley, just south of Croydon with 44.6mm.

EDIT: Just seen your correction re movement Alexis. :)

Edited by Blessed Weather
  • Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

According to the Met Office Fax Chart the front was expected to be just to the west of Kent.at 06.00. The latest radar with the line of showers suggests it's now about to exit Kent. Not sure about the direction of movement as wind over Kent forecast to be NNE this morning.

598c1294064ae_FaxChart10Aug06_00.thumb.jpg.7a524dd304d87b3eb1f43049cf129f3f.jpg598c12a374ba6_RadarThur10Aug08_40.thumb.jpg.ce7957b2ff183fdcded0d9f6013f703d.jpg

As for yesterday's rain, the Met Office reporting 35mm at my local station (Wattisham) and the wettest place in the UK was Kenley, just south of Croydon with 44.6mm.

It's moving back west a little.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

A much better start to the day today although a tad chilly , because of the delightful south west trains refurbishment that is ongoing there are currently no services from chessington so my wife is dropping me off at Epsom downs , today the view is delightful .

IMG_8102.JPG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Why can't the storms take a swing left towards us! They always swing off to the right when travelling in the usual direction :nonono:not fair!! 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

A much better start to the day today although a tad chilly , because of the delightful south west trains refurbishment that is ongoing there are currently no services from chessington so my wife is dropping me off at Epsom downs , today the view is delightful .

IMG_8102.JPG

It is a lovely looking area. Used to go passed there all the time, often stopped for a little while

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Why can't the storms take a swing left towards us! They always swing off to the right when travelling in the usual direction :nonono:not fair!! 

Well the line that was over me, lightning free has gone west.

Posted

I'm still trying to work out why whatever that is in the channel is moving west, I though the fronts were supposed to move east today, but there's defo a front or trough or whatever doing the opposite, although very slowly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Hello Everyone,

I thought we would have increasing amounts of sunshine as the day progressed here in mid Essex. The day started fairly dull then it brightened up with some sunshine for about half an hour, but it has clouded up again and is quite dull now.

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 1

Posted

Somehow there are still showers over kent, despite the fact pressure is 1022 and the front should be long gone.

Posted

Ok guys need to know what the weather is going to be like this weekend and up to wednesday. As taking little toes camping in manston.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

A day of two halves here, crap morning with a gloomy cold start, then the skies started to clear before masses of infill developed. After lunchtime the skies have cleared up well and some nice sunshine emerged, with the temperature hitting average! (I'm thankful for small mercies after the past 3 weeks).

Posted
2 hours ago, Jimmyh said:

Ok guys need to know what the weather is going to be like this weekend and up to wednesday. As taking little toes camping in manston.

Tomorrow looks decent during the day but rain overnight and into Saturday morning, soon clearing to sunny spells. Chilly Saturday night so take warm clothes and bedding. Sunday and Monday look quite nice and mainly dry with some sunshine. Tuesday could be grim, big question mark though. Wednesday looks ok but depends what occurs on Tuesday. Fingers crossed for you, have a great time :)

• Like 1

Posted

Yes a nice summer day today, even put on a bit of a sweat in that rather hot sun. :) 

IMG_3331.thumb.PNG.bfa716b1136e16377b966c969ded20c5.PNGIMG_3332.thumb.PNG.e4a9d443ed9a8a0f00415d74aa6f7a17.PNG

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 3