Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
5 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

I'm sure you're right that the Norfolk 'blue blobs' of higher rainfall would have been down to some storms seaside. My post was merely attempting to use available stats to illustrate that the weather this June in North Norfolk - where Chris lives - has indeed not been as good as further south in our Region (in support of Chris's theory). :)

I think the Met Office stats for the number of days with rain does support the same story (as the sunshine stats), i.e. the further south you were the better, with the situation deteriorating as you moved north.

Number of days with rain June 2017:

England SE & Central S : 5.3 days
East Anglia : 5.8 days
England E & NE : 12.1 days

Cheers Malcolm.  To be fair, I'm just south of Norwich, so I was in the average rainfall area, but I suspect that I was under the cloud that you often get surrounding areas of rainfall.

Posted

Wow still raining here. Been a consistent 12 hours of heavy rain. Much needed. 

• Like 2

Posted

It was lovely going to sleep last night listening to heavy rain, made me realise I miss weather!. Dare I say it, it was nice feeling cool for a change! My allotment and the countryside beyond needed this rain so much, the ground was starting to resemble light grey sand.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

It's a grey, windy and cool 14.5C to start the day here. But the back edge of the thicker cloud is showing up nicely on the satellite as it clears through eastwards, and this afternoon's sunshine can be seen creeping south.

Rainfall total was 23mm here.

07.00 5965c2a853440_CloudWed12July07_00.thumb.jpg.e88e811343877e30349c0cffa88ee2eb.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

The sun is trying to break through the low grey cloud here, unsuccessfully so far. Feeling chilly at 14C with a N'ly breeze, hopefully the skies will clear soon after all that lovely rain.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Yes this rain was very welcome, no watering required now in the garden for a few days. And an improving picture from the models so the next heatwave looks like it will turn up sooner rather than later.:)

Posted

Holy moly that wind is strong, hard to walk into it on this morning dog walk along the sea front, plenty of rain now blowing itself out to sea leaving it quite misty but the last few days has been a welcome change from the heat and humidity :)

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

It's a grey, windy and cool 14.5C to start the day here. But the back edge of the thicker cloud is showing up nicely on the satellite as it clears through eastwards, and this afternoon's sunshine can be seen creeping south.

Rainfall total was 23mm here.

07.00 5965c2a853440_CloudWed12July07_00.thumb.jpg.e88e811343877e30349c0cffa88ee2eb.jpg

5mm rainfall by early evening. 30mm by this morning!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

In the end today didn't end up too bad once the cloud clear, quite fresh out there but the breeze did ease eventually to leave it feeling quite pleasant. A high of 20C.

Not a lot of rain forecast over the next few days and it does look like it will warm up again for the weekend.

arpegeuk-41-76-0.png?12-18   arpegeuk-41-98-0.png?12-19

Arpege keen on clearing the cloud Saturday night leaving sunny spells before a cold front moves south east later on Sunday. 

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Feeling quite warm here at 19C with light winds. Annoying area of cloud sat just to the west, though that appears to be shrinking on satellite.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Quite a slab of mid-level cloud when I got up this morning and for a brief while it did trundle over here but this is breaking up nicely now. A pleasant day ahead with a light southerly wind and just the chance of a couple of heavy showers breaking out later. We should reach around 22/23C this afternoon which should feel pleasant. 

Saturday looks quite muggy across all the models with 26/27C possible. Sunday holds a lot of uncertainty in terms of temperature due to the amounts of low cloud and the speed of which the cold front will push south east. This mornings Arpege is going for 30C on Sunday in London.

arpegeuk-41-88-0.png?13-06

Probably a little over done but I supect we could get close to this, so another very warm weekend coming up and all of this before the potential main event of the summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
1 hour ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Quite a slab of mid-level cloud when I got up this morning and for a brief while it did trundle over here but this is breaking up nicely now. A pleasant day ahead with a light southerly wind and just the chance of a couple of heavy showers breaking out later. We should reach around 22/23C this afternoon which should feel pleasant. 

Saturday looks quite muggy across all the models with 26/27C possible. Sunday holds a lot of uncertainty in terms of temperature due to the amounts of low cloud and the speed of which the cold front will push south east. This mornings Arpege is going for 30C on Sunday in London.

arpegeuk-41-88-0.png?13-06

Probably a little over done but I supect we could get close to this, so another very warm weekend coming up and all of this before the potential main event of the summer.

Strangely, it was absolutely cloudless here around 8.00 am.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

well. It's summer, so the sun when it came out was warm and I was too hot in a black sweatsuit although sleeves pushed up I looked terribly trendy and felt cool. Brought a basic white shirt to rock the shorts and shirt look so will try it out this week end. Every girl needs a white shirt.:pardon:Don't panic, it's 100% cotton. 

Next Thursday is shouting about some rain. But in the true spirit of Britain I will find a quiet spot and eat picnic food under an umbrella. I have told hubs I need some wellies/ I am not making this up.

Cloudy now and a breeze. temp? too high for sweats too low for summer dress stuffs.

• Like 1

Posted

oo looks like a spot of raining heading my way..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Perfect weather at the moment for working out doors, a little less cloud would be a bonus but temps are perfect 

Posted

In a short series of 'blink and you shall miss it' I found this gem for Wednesday. What a cracker.If it said snow rather than storm risk, I'd believe it more, but anyway. 

It's chilly for summer, it's windy for summer it didn't rain last night after all, cos beddy HQ shield was up and bubs has ice cream tasting day at school. May all those perfect parents moaning today about it, step on a lego and let them have fun.

#sorrynotsorry. 

yesagain.png

Edited by Dami
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Very convective looking skies here this morning, and a heavy shower just went through. 

Posted

Pretty grey up here today with flat grey skies for most of the day. The status did clear later on in the day. Drove around the Rutland countryside this evening which is a welcome change to the flatness of the Dens. The cloud does not ruin the views thankfully.

Posted

So the way I see models this morning warm up Monday to Wednesday top temps of 30 degrees Tuesday or Wednesday chance of thunderstorms them back to cooler conditions Thursday friday possibly Saturday then high pressure builds.