Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Nick F

Convective / Storm Discussion Thread - 27th Feb onwards

Whole southern skyline is lightning up like a peach - beautiful!!

4 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

The rain has just started here..

The same in Warminster in Wiltshire 

a bit of straw clutching from those west of southampton....there will be some heavy rain, but any electrical activity will be very sporadic IMHO....calling it a night, good luck to those south and east of London

1 minute ago, AL. said:

I'm going to head to the south coast now, Portsmouth first, then head east towards Brighton. Wish me luck!!!

I was going to say you should probably go east further than that right away and then I realised that from Swindon your alternative to going via the A34/M3/M27 route is... not great unless you're committed to going right the way to Brighton. So yeah, hitting the M27 and then keeping on churning along the A27 as far east as you need to is probably the way to go.

night all, everything looks to far south tonight, still, summer has yet to arrive so plenty of time for storms to make it up here.

1 minute ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Any good look out points near worthingn?

Highdown 

What was that on?

1 minute ago, MartinD said:

Don't think we will see anything here in Worcester tonight but the SE is in for a wonderful light show and hope you all enjoy the show, BBC used the words MASSIVE storms possible for the West Midlands area tomorrow..... :-/ not sure how accurate that is but hopeful :-)

1 minute ago, ajpoolshark said:

a bit of straw clutching from those west of southampton....there will be some heavy rain, but any electrical activity will be very sporadic IMHO....calling it a night, good luck to those south and east of London

Good night!

Just standing in the Garden in Burgess hill, seen two flashes and its spitting! 

You know it really does look as of the big storm has turned a corner. There is a shallow low centred to its west lifting north so I suppose it could be related to that?

8 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

I'm a clutching!

Just now, sparky1972 said:

night all, everything looks to far south tonight, still, summer has yet to arrive so plenty of time for storms to make it up here.

Night!

2 minutes ago, Jcweather said:

Strikes showing up close to Brighton now - possibly in earshot if anyone's in the area?

can see lightning from Saltdean just east of Bton    no sound yet though

5 minutes ago, AL. said:

I'm going to head to the south coast now, Portsmouth first, then head east towards Brighton. Wish me luck!!!

Good call. Shame you're not west enough to take a route through salisbury!

According to the lightning detector there was a lightning strike directly off the coast of worthing. 

Didn't see it (lights on) 

Didn't hear thunder either. 

15 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

No it's Butser Hill

Didn't fancy War Down then? :rofl:

1 minute ago, tomp456 said:

According to the lightning detector there was a lightning strike directly off the coast of worthing. 

False return Tom.

In Bournemouth but itching to get in the car.  Probably wouldn't want to go any further than Portdown Hill, behind Portsmouth.

My worry is this will still be too far west.  May stay put.

Any thoughts?

2 minutes ago, tomp456 said:

Sometimes there are false readings!