Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Nick F

Convective / Storm Discussion Thread - 27th Feb onwards

Must admit some very photogenic CB's around! Though too far north and south unfortunately!

5 minutes ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

Must admit some very photogenic CB's around! Though too far north and south unfortunately!

In Willsbridge tonight on way here seen some impressive formations but I think it's going to be another bust...Just had a look at the ATD not happy viewing seeing that Bristol gap.

1 hour ago, MP-R said:

Can see the tops of the thunderstorms over Taunton here from the centre Bristol, which is basking in lovely warm sunshine.

That's impressive . Another torrential downpour just coming to an end I believe. What a wild afternoon ! 

Massive cb tracking east just to the south of london. This thing is huge, the picture doesn't do it justice. I see it's produced a strike on radar not long ago.

IMG_20170519_161230.thumb.jpg.1108e69b37485cc3c8fa5311ba14c8dc.jpg

Tons of towers and cauliflower heads around to the south west, tracking east as well.

Edited by Windblade

27 minutes ago, Raidan said:

In Willsbridge tonight on way here seen some impressive formations but I think it's going to be another bust...Just had a look at the ATD not happy viewing seeing that Bristol gap.

Happens all too often when the wind is westerly. Showers form trains starting from Exmoor and South Wales. Anywhere directly east of the Severn storm killer miss out.

Next best thing though - lots of warm sunshine!

Over the Black Country atm......looks like hail

IMG_9362.thumb.JPG.b98689e03ea6c276f5e630a4449d4303.JPG

View overhead at the moment, but not doing anything yet, but more dark following it.

WIN_20170519_16_30_19_Pro.jpg

Edit - Just started rain big drops,

Edited by Sparkiee storm

Just heard a deep boom of thunder coming from the storm near Evesham.... Think this one is moving away sadly.

The storms are like pulses, when you think it's dying down .. one pops up somewhere else,. ~ It was Newport.. now it's Hereford .. looking at the Precipitation, North of Swansea is trying.
Absolutely fascinating, 
I got a video of the one that hit SE Wales valleys earlier.. will have to edit it,. due to strikes being a couple of minutes apart!

Very black to the S of Wrexham earlier...two CGs spotted. Heavy rain mixed with a fair bit of hail, just starting to ease now. Lots of surface water.

8 minutes ago, MartinD said:

Just heard a deep boom of thunder coming from the storm near Evesham.... Think this one is moving away sadly.

Yep, can hear the rumbles in Pershore too. 

Had quite a quick, heavy shower around 1:00pm today, I did hear what may possibly have been a rumble but highly doubt it, and it was far more likely to have been a lorry going over a speed bump outside of my school!

Quite a seemingly potent little cell going off down in Hampshire right now as well.

More passing to my north. Had blue skies here all day. 

IMG_0352.JPG

IMG_0354.JPG

Cell responsible for a couple of Black Country strikes

IMG_9370.thumb.JPG.52c52758ef2c1619705c178c95d2e081.JPG

Things seem to be kicking off here just north of Ludlow, Shropshire

If things can keep going looks like Guildford might get something in the next hour, though I suspect energy in the atmosphere is beginning to sink away as the sun sets so wouldn't be surprised if we get nowt.

can see a lovely dark front of stormy looking deep blue-grey cloud to the west though...

We've had some thunder rumbling around...dark clouds towards Shropshire ( or over bills mother as they say) not sure if it will come to anything....

image.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Raynee said:

Things seem to be kicking off here just north of Ludlow, Shropshire

Yep storm to my south. Thunder and lightning. Looks to be between Bewdley and Bridgnorth.