Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Nick F

Convective / Storm Discussion Thread - 27th Feb onwards

sat outside Swindon but thinking of turning back home as don't want to travel all the way to Kent!

1 minute ago, UKSupercell said:

Anyone know any good high spots or beach points to watch the storm, say around Eastbourne, over East Sussex way? 

Seriously considering getting in the car and hitting the M25 over the next 30-60 mins. Will take me 90 mins to smash it down the M25 south-east and get there. 

Beachy Head feels like a great spot. All of that downland is a good place for storm-watching because of how much vegetation there isn't.

1 minute ago, West Sussex Kate said:

My Dad lives in Worthing think this storm will wake him up! 

There's no storm here lol 

Still have a gut feeling that someone else is going to kick off...

I never expected activity to kick off this early anyway for areas near myself.

Can we have this storm across the UK later this Summer plz, looking at the website it looks amazing as hell!

Well there is definitely some activity to the west of the main bulk, but it isn't being picked up in lightning maps, can anyone else confirm?

Directly south of Poole!

Edited by Christchurch storm nut

I'm off to bed, got a feeling I'll be lucky if I get an hours sleep with that lot heading this way!

Looks like there's one line that's creeping ENE still, with the right side of it over Caen and the left side halfway over the Channel, but the added strike rate is coming to the east of that... the latter looks like the best bet for an actual UK storm I presume?

From Derek Brockway on Twitter

Derek Brockway‏Verified account @DerekTheWeather 21m21 minutes ago

SE of a line from Lyme Bay to the Wash at greatest risk of thunderstorms tonight. Hail, gusty winds and flash flooding in places.

damn it feels like I'm dying of thirst in Scotland watching all you folks down south drowning. Really not the best place for storms here but at least I get to study meteorology at university. Anyway enjoy what's about to hit you, I'll just be sitting here with intense jealousy.

1 minute ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

From Derek Brockway on Twitter

Derek Brockway‏Verified account @DerekTheWeather 21m21 minutes ago

SE of a line from Lyme Bay to the Wash at greatest risk of thunderstorms tonight. Hail, gusty winds and flash flooding in places.

mmmmm something needs to kick off

plum is now over the south west and just south of wales.should see some storms fire around salisbury area of there abouts.in lets say half and hour.

Would love someone to post pictures of this storm in the area, would be great to see what it's like

My god this is painfully slow! 

12 minutes ago, Havaturkali said:

Mesoscale Convective Complex

You means MCS? I've seen an MCC in Nigeria and they are bonkers. Our hotel pool was levelled by the rainfall.

Just now, ShinyDave said:

Looks like there's one line that's creeping ENE still, with the right side of it over Caen and the left side halfway over the Channel, but the added strike rate is coming to the east of that... the latter looks like the best bet for an actual UK storm I presume?

Just now, STORMGUY said:

plum is now over the south west and just south of wales.should see some storms fire around salisbury area of there abouts.in lets say half and hour.

Most of it over the sw is rain