Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports - Wednesday 18th August 2004

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder and lightning
Had 4 storms in the past 24 hours :oops:   :D  

One through last night and 3 within the last 5 hours.

Paul Sherman

Paul, Keef just told me we had a thunderstorm last night and I slept through it.

Please can you add it to your list.

Thanks darling :wink::D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

last night i had a huge storm which lasted quite a while which cause my street to temporarily flood and the lightning and thunder was huuuge!

today i saw a few thundery showers- but about an hour a go we had another storm with thuner and lightning :oops:

Posted
Nimbostratus

had all the rain here too. Rowley hills are about 7 miles SE of you.

Have only just found the site. Suggested last thursday would be thundery at around 9.30 after experincing moderate medium level atmospheric instabilty first hand, however have not made any summer predictions.

I worked in Birmingham for a few years, lived near West Bromwich. Nowt to do with weather, just aknowledging that I know where you live, had a few customers up Rowley Regis. I remember the bank leading upto Rowley off the Wolvehampton road is extremely steep, and you're right you get an exclellent view up there. Theres another way I used to drive as well, is it Newbury street or something? And You'd turn right at the pub and go up the hill. Then there was another pub at the top of the hill. A postbox next to the pub carpark used to always have drifted snow stuck to it. Coming from the North East, it was my best fix of "Northern type" winter weather. View is good from there.

Very sad, but when it snowed, I used to make an excuse to drive up there, to see if there was more, and there usually was. I remember the masts on the hills too. Must be a good 900ft asl there, cos West Brom lies at 5-600 ft, and you look down into West Brom.

Posted
probably the remnants of the one I had about 6pm

And wasn't that a storm and a half! Me and a friend were watching it from the safety of my car on a hillside and the lightning was nothing short of awesome :oops:

Rob W (in Huddersfield)

Posted

I had three storms last night.

The first was at 9.30PM which decided to cut the power off and had almost torrentail rain at one point.

The second was even better and lasted from 3-00AM till 6.00AM lasting around three hours for me.

It's was brillient with some decent lightning but even more better was the high windspeeds and the torrentail rain,looked like I was in the middle of a hurricane.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I was out with my friend's old schoolmates last night, so didn't get a chance to report it- but:

I went out to Newcastle, and got caught out in a cracking thunderstorm. There were up to 2 flashes per minute, some good cloud-to-cloud and cloud-to-ground sheet and fork lightning, torrential rain and loud thunder. Amazingly the rain only lasted about 15 minutes. The cloud was pitch black and I may have some photos to upload soon.

The coastal strip had less excitement, but still got a lesser version of the storm. But it didn't matter because I was in Newcastle.

It's very strange... I hardly ever see thunderstorms on the coast, yet at least half the times I've been into Newcastle over the past three years, there's been a thunderstorm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Overnight we had heavy rain, strong winds (howling) and thunder/lightning for about an hour and a half- street partially flooded as usual :roll: lol

Posted

Last night as I was getting ready to go home from work, we had the most amazing storm!

The rain was absolutely lashing down, so hard, that even though my office windows were shut, it managed to get in. Admittedly they are very old, timber windows, but this rain was the heaviest I have ever seen in my life.

The thunder was none stop. Seriously. It wasn't like a crack of thunder and then that was it for a minute, it just kept rumbling.

Only a couple of lightning flashs, but the monsoon rain and the thunder made up for that.

Incredible! :shock: