Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Model tweets

4 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Lucky everyone was asleep between the two issues then !

• Like 1

what's it changed to lol i don't tweet

11 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

Lucky everyone was asleep between the two issues then !

Strange, Carol Kirkwood just now forecasting heavy snow across NW England thurs..

35 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Strange, Carol Kirkwood just now forecasting heavy snow across NW England thurs..

Not unreasonable- brave though 

38 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

She does this every winter, typically the midlands gets pasted as we watch it sink south..... :oldangry:

Much talk of the upcoming potiental snow over next few days but here is something more focused on medium/long term from American weather guru! Hope dies last... 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bullseye said:

Much talk of the upcoming potiental snow over next few days but here is something more focused on medium/long term from American weather guru! Hope dies last... 

What do you mean by this?

6 minutes ago, Don said:

its a well known saying …..or not judging by your reply don!

19 minutes ago, Don said:

Ant Masiello is saying we will see a major NH pattern change as the downwelling from the SSW finally arrives (at last*) in the lower trop:

Dx9kW1bXgAA_FHf.jpg

So you'd hope that would result in favourable synoptics for us, but we'll see, hence "hope dies last".

*I say "at last", but at 4 weeks or so, that's probably the norm.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Deep Snow please said:

Hope dies last. Hope is the last thing to go in these situations. 

Especially since he died years ago 

image.thumb.png.15941c6744334ad7f48ca2a4b39a0bd0.png

4 hours ago, bluearmy said:

its a well known saying …..or not judging by your reply don!

Lol, I clearly had a senior moment!!  I blame it on my persistent head cold!

Edited by Don

What a sobering evening it’s been!  Would be very surprised if there’s no change in the metoffice update tomorrow.

Edited by Don

4 minutes ago, Don said:

What a sobering evening it’s been!  Would be very surprised if there’s no change in the metoffice update tomorrow.

Fergie mentions the met office further in that tweet covo they need a few runs of the same theme before they'll change the wording

3 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Fergie mentions the met office further in that tweet covo they need a few runs of the same theme before they'll change the wording

Wednesday then perhaps?

9 minutes ago, Don said:

See you around 1 tomorrow Don just to remind you about another great met update!! 😏

1 minute ago, Mattwolves said:

See you around 1 tomorrow Don just to remind you about another great met update!! 😏

As Summer Sun mentioned above, according to Fergie, the metoffice are going to wait for a few more runs before changing the outlook, so tomorrow’s update could well be great again.  Can’t deny the long term trends are really not good atm.  Think I may take a break from the models.,,,,,

1 minute ago, Don said:

As Summer Sun mentioned above, according to Fergie, the metoffice are going to wait for a few more runs before changing the outlook, so tomorrow’s update could well be great again.  Can’t deny the long term trends are really not good atm.  Think I may take a break from the models.,,,,,

Could you really say any senior forecaster as covered themselves in glory this winter Don, you could argue that a lot of the posts made by the so called knowledgeable are down right laughable, with all these great back ground signals bringing nothing to note, then perhaps the signals of nothing happening at all now may prove to be the catalyst!!! Trends Don can vary on a daily basis, what looks naff today could be sublime come the weekend, like I have always said to people, long range models are completely useless in this type of climate, and for me they have not improved inside the last 20 years, 30 years of following long range forecasts and I could probably count one 1 hand how many have been proved correct, stick with it Don, keep the faith, 

8 hours ago, Don said:

Wednesday then perhaps?

We might see a bit of a change today I suspect milder spells will be mentioned especially in the 6 to 15 day one but the main emphasis will remain on cold for now...

Edited by Summer Sun