Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model tweets

Paul

Posted

I assume these are at day 15 ....the gfs op is also hinting at something similar but if there is a split to come, Where will it be? 

what is significant is that we could well see a split (the ec46 zonal update shows another sig drop in zonal flow end of the month which ties in ) 

got to hope that if we do get a split then it isn’t one which leaves us in the wrong place .....I could make an argument that I would prefer a displacement over central Canada which leaves space for a scandi high to form as potentially it’s a safer route ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, bluearmy said:

I assume these are at day 15 ....the gfs op is also hinting at something similar but if there is a split to come, Where will it be? 

what is significant is that we could well see a split (the ec46 zonal update shows another sig drop in zonal flow end of the month which ties in ) 

got to hope that if we do get a split then it isn’t one which leaves us in the wrong place .....I could make an argument that I would prefer a displacement over central Canada which leaves space for a scandi high to form as potentially it’s a safer route ...

This reply made me chuckle... 

Posted
1 hour ago, bluearmy said:

Lol, wouldn't that just be our luck this winter!  If nothing else, winter 2020/21 has certainly kept us on the edge of our seats and that looks doesn't look to change anytime soon!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
1 hour ago, Griff said:

Home schooling has really done me in today... 

(Strange what counts as personal time these days)

Hi Griff just wanted to say i like looking at your posts and hope you are looking at meteorology as a profession as i think your knowledge at a young age seems pretty good! Keep up the hard work....must be very hard for education right now

Posted
1 minute ago, Frostbite1980 said:

Hi Griff just wanted to say i like looking at your posts and hope you are looking at meteorology as a profession as i think your knowledge at a young age seems pretty good! Keep up the hard work....must be very hard for education right now

I'm the one playing teacher to a 4 year old!  

But thanks I did ace my met exam for my cpl

Definitely could see my posts being passed off as school age though! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
3 minutes ago, Griff said:

I'm the one playing teacher to a 4 year old!  

But thanks I did ace my met exam for my cpl

Definitely could see my posts being passed off as school age though! 

Oh so sorry who feels lile a fool now any way love the posts and keep them coming now i know why you know your stuff

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm
2 hours ago, Griff said:

And what does that mean?  Yesterday he was saying major vortex over Asia then onto Canada.

BFTP

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, BLAST FROM THE PAST said:

And what does that mean?  Yesterday he was saying major vortex over Asia then onto Canada.

BFTP

He definitely has a preference. My take on it is, we start with a split and go from there

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Late winter conditions..cold spring coming up I bet, Scandinavia high no doubt.

• Like 1