Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Community chat room - your views

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
2 minutes ago, Paul said:

If you click the settings button (cogs) on the top right of the chat box, you can tick the actions you want sounds to play for. 

Not seeing that myself right now, is it still happening? It'll not show people who are logged in anonymously to the forum. 

Well sometimes I can see myself, other times I can't. Sometimes people show up, sometimes people don't (the same people that is). No idea what is wrong.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Just had a peek, took a second just to show i was there but could now post :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
31 minutes ago, Paul said:

We've switched to a new version of the chat room as of this morning. Please let me know how you get on with it..

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/rocketchat/

Hi, Paul, I've just had a look at this and I found I can't use the back button on my mouse nor on firefox it's self it's only happening on the chat page

Posted

It's probably just because of the way the chat connects, would just recommend going back the other way - by clicking the links on the page :D

• Like 1

Posted

Just had a peak. I see it says about channels - is our version able to have different ones, say banter, just weather, storm chasing?:D 

Posted

Yep, in theory - although that's kinda what the forum is for, so we'll see how it goes with the single channel initially. 

• 1 month later...
Posted

As the chat room isn't being used too much at the moment, it's been taken offline to allow the time/resources of maintaining it to be spent on other things within the community. It's something that can be brought back at any point, if there is a demand, so please feel free to share your feedback in here about it, and how you would like to see it used.

On 05/07/2017 at 22:39, Paul said:

As the chat room isn't being used too much at the moment, it's been taken offline to allow the time/resources of maintaining it to be spent on other things within the community. It's something that can be brought back at any point, if there is a demand, so please feel free to share your feedback in here about it, and how you would like to see it used.

It didn't seem to work out sadly though was a parp to get on to , perhaps you should inbed chatzy in ?

Posted

I'd not heard of any issues getting in to it, what problems did you have? 

Although that said, I really think the main issue is that the vast majority of people on here don't feel the need to use a chat room when the community itself has topics to cover pretty much every possible subject, plus there's pm's for more personal conversations. 

• Like 1

Posted

I have an idea about this. But it would be hypocritical of me to bicker about something that clearly was taken down due to who used it rather than why. 

Edited by Dami

Posted

Dami, I went to great efforts to setup a new chat room when Invision discontinued the built in one on here, spending many hours installing and testing 3 different options before settling on the most recent one which we ended up paying to host on its own server despite the fact it wasn't ever going to create revenue or be widely used. During all that time the same group of people were the main users of  it, with the only change recently being that it's been used less and less by fewer and fewer people. 

So to be totally honest I find your accusation pretty offensive. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

I'm a regular user of the chat room, but only during the winter months, when the nights are dark so therefore I spend much more time at home.

Good to chat about how cold it and who has a frosty bin lid.

Hope to see it back by November.

Posted
1 hour ago, Paul said:

Dami, I went to great efforts to setup a new chat room when Invision discontinued the built in one on here, spending many hours installing and testing 3 different options before settling on the most recent one which we ended up paying to host on its own server despite the fact it wasn't ever going to create revenue or be widely used. During all that time the same group of people were the main users of  it, with the only change recently being that it's been used less and less by fewer and fewer people. 

So to be totally honest I find your accusation pretty offensive. 

Where in my post did I say you hadn't made any effort? I didn't. If anything my post was being offensive to myself considering I was one of those users and i'm certain that people didn't use the chat due to the main users therein. Be honest.

Would you have gotten rid of it if more weather minded folk had been using it?  It is a feeling I get.

So please don't turn it around that I was being Offensive if my point wasn't clearly understood.

Edited by Dami

2 hours ago, Paul said:

I'd not heard of any issues getting in to it, what problems did you have? 

Although that said, I really think the main issue is that the vast majority of people on here don't feel the need to use a chat room when the community itself has topics to cover pretty much every possible subject, plus there's pm's for more personal conversations. 

Just rather a long time to load it though it might be my I pad configuration in relation to it ,I agree with your decision to cull it as it wasn't getting used much ,was fun for a while though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

What do people expect. Site traffic has seemingly been low for a while now due to the increasingly static and boring weather we have been experiencing. On busy evenings with decent weather events, I'd wager there would have been a fair few in there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I think if the right weather came along and by that I mean snow, then I think it will be a hit in the winter. The winter people seem more likely to use the room than summer users, strange but true.