Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

Trust me to be out of the country when the UK finally gets some snow (but I musn't grumble, being in a very snowy Germany). An interesting looking radar this morning - wide-spread snow showing up, on the way down from the north. Hope the temps, etc, are all OK for it to settle.....

06.50 Radar 13Jan 06.50.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's settling now 

I think snow chances this evening for most of us that live at low-levels will depend very much on how quickly the colder and drier arctic air undercuts the rain from the NW - which will relate to how

I've only just realised what a bunch of nutters we all are lol. All this drama for a 'bit' of snow .... I've spent hours if not days n days watching all this unfold .....Now all I'm left with is about

Posted Images

Latest guidance from the met office is that we can expect a little bit more snow here between 9-11am. 

All the best to those affected by flooding, both locally and countrywide, hope you aren't affected too badly and nothing is damaged

7 minutes ago, Great Plum said:

I note that the met office app have removed snow symbols for Reigate today... is this pink blob incoming?

IMG_0624.PNG

Yes a lot further west than forecast an hour or so of snow if the temp holds down which it should given I can now see the cloud associated with it spilling in here which will stop any sunshine for awhile lifting the temp 

• Like 2

I hope it doesn't do a moonie and break up that cloud. It's so close to beddy and it would be nice to walk to school in some of 'you know what'

Unfortunately by the time the system gets down to our area temperatures will start to rise, so may be more likely to be a wintry mix rather than snow.

Just now, Ben Lewis said:

Think the radar maybe over cooked. Folk in midlands thread reporting no snow falling whilst the radar says different. 

The very light pink on radar is nothing I can confirm but the rest is definitely proper snowfall!

3 minutes ago, Uxbridge90 said:

Missed out on last night, just sleet for a little bit and now looks likely we'll miss it again in NW London. 

I missed out in Thanet as well, compared to the rest of the county !! we had some very light snowfall  and it just about managed to lightly cover  the grass  but has all gone now.

I am totally bewildered on what might happen this morning in the south east and would welcome some thoughts... some say snow, met apps saying snow.. but then some say the Beeb say sleet and rain....