SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's settling now 

I think snow chances this evening for most of us that live at low-levels will depend very much on how quickly the colder and drier arctic air undercuts the rain from the NW - which will relate to how

I've only just realised what a bunch of nutters we all are lol. All this drama for a 'bit' of snow .... I've spent hours if not days n days watching all this unfold .....Now all I'm left with is about

Posted Images

Right well,

What disaster. I left Brighton at 4.30pm and I've only just got in. I didn't get to enjoy the snow because I was in my car the whole time. The roads were absolute chaos with people who do not know how to drive in adverse weather. Got stuck at the bottom of Bluebell Hill for 2 hours and then they closed it and we all had to go through the icy lanes to get home.

So in conclusion I did not get to enkoy this snow event and I can only hope there'll be another one.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, chillyblast said:

.....and adding to the above +1, any slim tiny microscopic chance of something in Northants first thing tomorrow??? we got next to nothing tonight!

yes we got absolutely nothing in northants apart from cold rain.  im not holding any hold for tomorrow either after today's dismal events

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Lauren said:

Right well,

What disaster. I left Brighton at 4.30pm and I've only just got in. I didn't get to enjoy the snow because I was in my car the whole time. The roads were absolute chaos with people who do not know how to drive in adverse weather. Got stuck at the bottom of Bluebell Hill for 2 hours and then they closed it and we all had to go through the icy lanes to get home.

So in conclusion I did not get to enkoy this snow event and I can only hope there'll be another one.

Just think about the poor council who are out on shift tonight around areas that don't cope well with snowfall..

4 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Right well,

I said yesterday leave earlier :friends:you did well to get home at quick!

Went out for a nice snow walk and that wind is quite strong especially when exposed in the open and I could barely see what I doing with the wind blowing so much snow into my face, anyway did a short video of the snow and wind just outside one of my windows 

IMG_0140.JPG

Edited by Atmogenic
  • Like 2

Bringing down the thread a little but best fun I ever had in the snow was in my old Subaru STI a fair few years ago in the peak hour traffic, that thing chewed it up like it was pure tarmac, amazing car in the snow and would have had to have been something special for it to get stuck.

Yep tomorrow looking just cold here and windy, back to the waiting game.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Jo S said:

now im confused, but i will still be happy to see  any white stuff even for a short while, those of us that have been on here for yrs know the highs and the lows on here, anyway ive got my camera ready for my event :D

11 minutes ago, Ben Blizzard said:

OK thanks :) BBC has us under snow from 8 - 11am. Will probably change though

MetO, GFS, GFS 0.25, and Euro4 all have an occluding front hitting N Kent around midday - perhaps slightly later. There may be showers before, but this is the main interest for tomorrow, for our area.

• Like 1

I think everyone has seem to forgotten that a possible serious east coast flood event may over shadow this snow this time tomorrow. I do hope it won't happen, but looking at the flood local Twitter feed not looking good

3 minutes ago, chillyblast said:

Bringing down the thread a little but best fun I ever had in the snow was in my old Subaru STI a fair few years ago in the peak hour traffic, that thing chewed it up like it was pure tarmac, amazing car in the snow and would have had to have been something special for it to get stuck.

Yep tomorrow looking just cold here and windy, back to the waiting game.

I had one too for 5 years awesome car i ll have another one day

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Depends if you keep calling out for streakers :rofl:

Writing on this phone is a pain, I keep making typos... and embarrassing ones hahahaha 

2cm here, slushy mess on roads. Ventured out down towards Rye just now, couple of trees down and a lorry on its side in a ditch near Peasmarsh. May have been caused by the wind - very strong on the back end of the system. 
Look forward to further wintryness in coming day or two :)