SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

3 minutes ago, Snowstalker said:

No idea i would guess alot of snow! Really really heavy rain here in southeast Kent,  Dymchurch since 2pm,  Nothing but rain rain rain....

In old money they used to say that one inch of rain = one foot of snow, so I guess the conversion on 8.4mm would be about 10cm? :-D

Edited by Canterbury Snow
  • Like 1
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's settling now 

I think snow chances this evening for most of us that live at low-levels will depend very much on how quickly the colder and drier arctic air undercuts the rain from the NW - which will relate to how

I've only just realised what a bunch of nutters we all are lol. All this drama for a 'bit' of snow .... I've spent hours if not days n days watching all this unfold .....Now all I'm left with is about

Posted Images

Just now, scottyuk said:

Temp and DP holding at around 2.3 and 1.5 respectively (Ampthill weather station)
I get the impression that Milton Keynes and Bedford are right on the cusp for getting snow. If we're going to see anything then it will be from around 17:00 onwards.

I am already watching the lampost with interest. (hasn't turned on yet but still watching it):good:

• Like 5
Just now, Canterbury Snow said:

In old money they used to say that one inch of rain = one foot of snow, so I guess the conversion on 8.4mm would be about 10cm? :-D

Yes it's approx a ten multiplier. Lots of things affect this, could be more could be less, but x10 is always near the mark (since ice has 9.05 times the volume of water,  but simpletons like me need to be able to multiply quickly so times ten is perfect)

• Like 2
Just now, Canterbury Snow said:

"some say"... 1mm rain equals 1cm of the fluffy white cold stuff (-:

Looks like snow will be happening here in 20 mins if the temps and DP keeps noze diving the way it they this last hour:

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IWELWYN8#history

going to stand on doorstep with mulled wine to watch the lampost

raining harder here, oh how ive missed the rain :rofl:, now waiting for the white stuff to fall, bbc said temps would plummet, this afternoon, not that cold yet :angry: 

After staring at the lampost for about 30 seconds for the first time this evening, I can confirm that we have............

.........rain here in Rochester.

EDIT: Something resembling a wet sleety flake just flew past. It's getting exciting... :D

Edited by Ben Blizzard
Just now, Ben Blizzard said:

After staring at the lampost for about 30 seconds for the first time this evening, I can confirm that we have.............rain here in Rochester.

Still rain up here on top of Blubell HIll. Expecting change around 6pm

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, VillagePlank said:

Still rain up here on top of Blubell HIll. Expecting change around 6pm

Did you miss my edit? A wet sleety flake went past a minute ago, it's starting.... :yahoo::rofl:

Edited by Ben Blizzard
8 minutes ago, Canterbury Snow said:

Well that's pretty gutting :-(.

I said to my kids on the way back from the soggy school run what a shame it was all this rain wasn't falling as snow as it would be a decent amount on the ground. I didnt relies it would have be such an great amount :-(

Thanks for the info tho.

Edited by Snowstalker