SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's settling now 

I think snow chances this evening for most of us that live at low-levels will depend very much on how quickly the colder and drier arctic air undercuts the rain from the NW - which will relate to how

I've only just realised what a bunch of nutters we all are lol. All this drama for a 'bit' of snow .... I've spent hours if not days n days watching all this unfold .....Now all I'm left with is about

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Unbelievable, about to go to sleep now have the heaviest snow by far that I've Had  all day . 

Crap!! That blob was just rain here:nonono: 

Just now, Mark wheeler said:

Didn't last long anyway . One day hopefully soon we will get our proper snow fix . Bed calls I've had enough for one day .

Nite, mate:good:

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Jimmyh said:

@D.V.R seems to be pellets here in Croydon.  Do you agree

Yep, I could hear it against my window. Couldn't be bothered to go and check:)

1 minute ago, Allseasons-si said:

Sorry to invade on the Se thread but that Netherlands trough looks like it is gaining direction of Kent:),and red is snow

http://www.meteociel.fr/observations-meteo/radar2.php?region=uk&mode=1

Yes been watching it moving in over the last few hrs & looks a lot better than anything we have had so far :) 

7 minutes ago, Crystal Memories said:

Yes been watching it moving in over the last few hrs & looks a lot better than anything we have had so far :) 

Good luck down there you could wake up to a dusting in the morning,as for up here we have had snow flurries for two days non stop now but it has not been heavy enough to settle,just a dusting at the moment,lovely to watch it float down though and blowing about in the wind in all directions as i type:)

Edited by Allseasons-si
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Sorry to invade on the SE thread but that Netherlands trough looks like it is gaining direction of Kent:),and red is snow

http://www.meteociel.fr/observations-meteo/radar2.php?region=uk&mode=1

Those red blobs that passed through earlier was a wintery mix of hail/rain/sleet and snow.

3 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Good luck down there you could wake up to a dusting in the morning,as for up here we have had snow flurries for two days non stop now but it has not been heavy enough to settle,just a dusting at the moment,lovely to watch it float down though and blowing about in the wind in all directions as i type:)

Cheers, We have only had a very very light dusting so far & not expecting to much where I am, but think on the Dover hills they will probably do well which is a 10min drive from here so will probably head that way if its not looking to good here ;)   

Certainly no Dec 2010. We are just so unlucky that the winds beyond tomorrow are being sourced from North Africa. Never seems to fall into place at the right time. If this was happening in summer, it would be brilliant. However, you can guarantee from any scandi high in summer that the winds would be ENE bringing in North Sea mist! 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

This is pointless staying up for

I'm going bed in a bit.. If it reaches us, it'll probably here by daylight at the rate of speed it's travelling anyway.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

I'm going bed in a bit.. If it reaches us, it'll probably here by daylight at the rate of speed it's travelling anyway.

It's ridiculous isn't it looks like anything remotely significant won't happen anytime soon so bed is probably best!! 

Looks as if there is more of an easterly flow to the showers coming into Kent now, hoping it'll help the heavier stuff reach me. I see webcams in the Canterbury area have a light covering of snow on them :)