Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

Getting a measly dusting now on cars and grass here in sarf London, keeps up might even be enough to make a snowball in the morning.

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's settling now 

I think snow chances this evening for most of us that live at low-levels will depend very much on how quickly the colder and drier arctic air undercuts the rain from the NW - which will relate to how

I've only just realised what a bunch of nutters we all are lol. All this drama for a 'bit' of snow .... I've spent hours if not days n days watching all this unfold .....Now all I'm left with is about

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

In all seriousness you can see the trough sling shotting the precip around and can almost picture how that is going to evolve overnight, I am pretty sure some places will get a dusting before the warmer dp's come through tomorrow, watch that area up near Southwold as well, it only takes that to get its act together and interact with the feature coming from Benelux and you could have something more substantial.

Dont give up yet S Easterners!

I can confirm after walking home from the pub that it's full on snizzle here in Ipswich! As you say Paul, that little bit of convection north of here around Southwold has started to get going hopefully increasing the intensity when the Belgian trough swings through too. Desperate yes but not without interest!

18 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Getting a measly dusting now on cars and grass here in sarf London, keeps up might even be enough to make a snowball in the morning.

Its pretty, a little dusting on the garden chair.  

In the south we are very happy with all the snow we can get! :D

Edited by West Sussex Kate
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, snowfish1 said:

Still zilch not a single flake got more chance of seeing a cadburys flake than snow flake it's absolutely pathetic ....

Strange the radar shows PPN right over you, or maybe just to your east.

18 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Its quite hilarious when you consider how much hope was riding on this easterly. It shall be known for years to come as the great 2017 easterly. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, John Hodgson said:

Its quite hilarious when you consider how much hope was riding on this easterly. It shall be known for years to come as the great 2017 easterly. 

It was even being compared to....erm 1947 if I remember correctly,:gathering: exactly 70 years ago.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, snowfish1 said:

Still zilch not a single flake got more chance of seeing a cadburys flake than snow flake it's absolutely pathetic ....

:laugh:Hopefully you'll see some later when the Belgian blob arrives..

What did settle earlier from the snow dust storm shower is now melting due to the tougher drizzle shower.

soaks you right through type drizzle

lol

Edited by snowbob
  • Like 1

Whilst folk meander over over a few flakes settling on,off the ground objects, here's a pic of the Feb 2009 easterly I found on my iPhone. 

Morning of 2nd February 2009 in south Hertfordshire. 25cm: 

IMG_0101.JPG

• Like 4

Light Snow falling in Seaford East Sussex. Pleased for all you snow lovers, time to put another log on the Fire, Looking forward to some sunshine tomoz.

Good health to you all. Make sure you keep a shovel , blanket and sack in your boot before you travel. Nuff Said.

7 minutes ago, snowray said:

It was even being compared to....erm 1947 if I remember correctly,:gathering: exactly 70 years ago.

If you happen to be an ant. 

Edited by John Hodgson
9 minutes ago, snowray said:

We do have to laugh my Nan goes on about 46 47.

my Mum does the same 62 63 sure since been on this forum I have said both would happen in again in the last few years they think I am mad they are right lol.:D

• Like 2