SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

well after some nice snowfall today, great to see but you would never know as its all gone, temps slowly dropping, 0.9c and a dew point of -0.2c fingers crossed anything that falls overnight will be snow and not sleet/rain

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's settling now 

I think snow chances this evening for most of us that live at low-levels will depend very much on how quickly the colder and drier arctic air undercuts the rain from the NW - which will relate to how

I've only just realised what a bunch of nutters we all are lol. All this drama for a 'bit' of snow .... I've spent hours if not days n days watching all this unfold .....Now all I'm left with is about

Posted Images

Snow just started here in Heybridge, Essex. Very light but proper snowflakes, no rain or sleet involved and I'm right on the estuary here.

Be nice if we could at least get a dusting come the end of this cold snap

Had some large flakes and some smaller ones which got heavy for a short time but no settling and only happening 5-10 minutes a time through the afternoon.  

19 minutes ago, 80sWeather said:

Radar now picking up more blobs 

Screenshot_20170210-170644.png

Yeah there appears to be more building up behind and heading my way.. I'm feeling quite optimistic that we might see a slight dusting later, considering it's already 100% fluffy snow falling.. but it's very light and getting blown in the breeze.

• Like 1

Hmm I see what the problem could be, the wind having to much of a northly element so showers die over land like we are seeing now. 

Swing it round slightly and it's perfect for many of us with the amount of PPN flowing off the north sea 

53 minutes ago, MONKEYJAM said:

Looking at the graph it looks like it falling off a cliff 

check out my weather station!! Its mental how quickly dp drops 

same with mine:D

but im expecting nowt here :wallbash:

Edited by Paul77
7 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Remember guys the flow now coming out from the east

lots of snow exiting Belgium!

I totally thought it was going to be more northly? 

7 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Remember guys the flow now coming out from the east

lots of snow exiting Belgium!

Do you think that mass will get caught up in the NNEly flow?  Can it get far enough west to hook in over Kent, or will it flow down the channel?