SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's settling now 

I think snow chances this evening for most of us that live at low-levels will depend very much on how quickly the colder and drier arctic air undercuts the rain from the NW - which will relate to how

I've only just realised what a bunch of nutters we all are lol. All this drama for a 'bit' of snow .... I've spent hours if not days n days watching all this unfold .....Now all I'm left with is about

Posted Images

Based on the MO warning, you would imagine somewhere like Canterbury or maybe Ashford would be the "sweet spot" tonight and first thing tomorrow.

I'm right on the western fringes of the yellow zone so not expecting much but I'd settle for a sight of falling snow at this stage!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, SnowBorder said:

A quick scan of the models for next week, tells me that I can move the sledge from the front of the shed to the back, and replace it with the barbecue. Wednesday is 13 degrees and sunny.

Fingers tightly crossed for a late Feb / early March freeze. 

Really !!!!

No Thanks.. personally if this month doesent deliver im done & will be looking forward to some warm spring sunshine in March..  Heating bills & all that.. plus you would need 850s of at least -12-14 to deliver lying snow by then which in reality wont happen.. Im ready to eat my hat if it does..

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, sparky1972 said:

very light snow here now, temps rapidly rising after a drop, things looking like going on the wrong side of temps so met office might be right when they say rain by lunchtime

Yeah. Starting to give a bit now. Nice big flakes though

14867250233361563687885.jpg

• Like 1

Snowed here all morning and settled on a few things, but not much seeing as we saw huge flakes for three hours. Small flakes now blowing in the breeze whilst the sun is out drying the ground out for me! Already dry in the sun after ten minutes so I'm hoping if we get any later tonight we could just see another dusting..

2 hours ago, snowrye said:

Well im off to gatwick soon,so be nice to see some white stuff falling,but as I said in an earlier statement,this is a very poor winter in my eyes,the beast from the east has been tamed,when will proper winters return

FYI - here at Gatwick we've got about 3cm of snow on the ground!!

Kidding! We have drizzle...awesome ;o)

• Like 1