Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Another misty, cloudy drizzle fest of a morning, just like a cool Autumn, not really cold at all.  I'm assuming the fun and games start later.

later as when I go to speaks to bubs teacher at parents evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Drizzle and very grey here in Hertfordshire. Doesn't even feel that cold. 

Posted

very grey out still. cant believe looking at the clouds that there is no ppn coming out of them. TV forecast still showing slight chance of SE London - North Kent having a shower wednesday into thursday early hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Deja vu again, Double Digits to low singles in the space of a few hours, ring any bells to a few weeks back?

Remember the debates about " snow won't settle " the ground is too wet!

Get the Precipitation in and it's game on, could be small ugrades within the space of a a few hours but also could be downgrades, no time for bold statements either way imo.

Posted
24 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

I wonder if there will be a big shift in the Met Office outlook today? If they stick to their guns, maybe the models are being over progressive with the shift from cold easterlies to mild southerlies!

Think they will shift the outlook today for sure. 

Even BBC Forecast latest at 11:28 has gone from 'snow showers' yesterday to 'wintry showers' today 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Just now, fulham snow said:

Super computers,what is the point.

Only reason I watch the morning weather is to see Carol K as the weather sucks

The Mexican female weather presenters are the best :shok: Despite it being a poor winter, I am owed 2 more snow falls according to the October Fog Index, one very late probably on the border of spring.

Posted

hJxCbNq.jpg

Oh well it's lovely to look at, even if it just says light.  Saturday Morning before it disappears.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Dami said:

hJxCbNq.jpg

Oh well it's lovely to look at, even if it just says light.  Saturday Morning before it disappears.

light snow showers showing on mine from friday evening to sunday morning, hopefully we see just a single flake.. i'd be happy by that to be able to say it did snow in the memorable easterly of 2017!

Posted
Just now, Delka said:

light snow showers showing on mine from friday evening to sunday morning, hopefully we see just a single flake.. i'd be happy by that to be able to say it did snow in the memorable easterly of 2017!

I've never been crying out for five foot of snow, just a little falling to make it feel like winter.  Hopefully it delivers something...

Posted
12 minutes ago, Delka said:

Undoubtedly you will and I would be very surprised if folk missed out, you should raise the bar. 

By this evening we should see some showery weak activity largely to the north of London, precip turning increasingly to snow nothing dramatic but it's always nice watching those flakes come down. Hirlam highlights wintriness in precip from this late afternoon. 

IMG_1843.thumb.PNG.bcf69e6de7d264969ffebb8dd72a6e62.PNGIMG_1842.thumb.PNG.efc5d70506d005d817c6325986b6f576.PNG

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 2

Posted
43 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Think they will shift the outlook today for sure. 

Even BBC Forecast latest at 11:28 has gone from 'snow showers' yesterday to 'wintry showers' today 

The forecasts are always underdone. I've viewed the models and I can make my own mind up from there. 

Posted
35 minutes ago, Dami said:

I've never been crying out for five foot of snow, just a little falling to make it feel like winter.  Hopefully it delivers something...

exactly, its unrealistic to wish for anything more then a few flurries and maybe a dusting anymore

25 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Undoubtedly you will and I would be very surprised if folk missed out, you should raise the bar. 

By this evening we should see some showery weak activity largely to the north of London, precip turning increasingly to snow nothing dramatic but it's always nice watching those flakes come down. Hirlam highlights wintriness in precip from this late afternoon. 

IMG_1843.thumb.PNG.bcf69e6de7d264969ffebb8dd72a6e62.PNGIMG_1842.thumb.PNG.efc5d70506d005d817c6325986b6f576.PNG

you seem very optimistic! if only i could agree.. alot of models seem to think here on the coast its marginal for snow, more likely to fall as sleet or even rain which i find surprising with the uppers hanging around 

Posted

Latest with Helen Willets on BBC News channel. 

"A few wintry flurries around during the next couple of  days, however probably only wintry over hills come the weekend"

• Like 1

Posted

which I find very interestin Fulham as I am hear most of the year and love many different types of weather. the holy grail was and always exciting but knife edge cause of where we are.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and Stormy
4 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Latest with Helen Willets on BBC News channel. 

"A few wintry flurries around during the next couple of  days, however probably only wintry over hills come the weekend"

Yep, unfortunately it isn't looking as good as it did earlier this week. Snow prospects are going to be limited and only really *fleeting flurries* mainly in eastern areas. Gloomy and night time minima won't be as cold where there is continued cloud cover. In fact, some coastal areas could remain above freezing. 

Disappointing really. 

• Like 1

Posted

So from Saturday there was probably the beginning of the downgrade, Sunday at the latest, it is interesting how the cold block does seem to eradicate in 72 - 96 hours after sunday.

I no expert but the form horse this winter has been the mlb in the atlantic stopping all of the feeds also putting the atlantic to sleep.

Posted
6 minutes ago, shetland islands said:

Yep, unfortunately it isn't looking as good as it did earlier this week. Snow prospects are going to be limited and only really *fleeting flurries* mainly in eastern areas. Gloomy and night time minima won't be as cold where there is continued cloud cover. In fact, some coastal areas could remain above freezing. 

Disappointing really. 

wish I could disagree with you despite her being a definite mildy lol

Posted

Afternoon all :)

From 11c yesterday to just 5c today in lowland East London quite a noticeable change with a light ESE'ly breeze picking up and lifting the cloud a little.

Not expecting any settling snow this weekend but might see snow falling, Friday into Saturday looks particularly cold.

Far from certain where we go after early next week.