Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

The cloud and rain have gone at last, clear skies to start today here and colder at 1C.

Posted

Good morning all I have to say. I love this time of year. It is still and cold sun is just breaking through the clouds and we know it's cold as the nose drips. Love to also say that I can't stand wind and rain. I have a mile walk both ways to station to Welling and from cannon Street and thankfully it has not happened this year. Can count on one hand how many times that has happened this winter. Long may it continue. Hopefully we will see something at beginning of Feb but I am as happy as now without wind and rain.

Have a good day all

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

A continued cold theme till we get towards more season temps, we've done well in the SE if it's colder weather your after. Those away from the SE it will tell you winter is over yet for us certainly not, winters not all about snow!

Way into FI it does look like by the middle of next week we start to flirt with double digit temps but that's a long way off and pointless to worry about at this stage, things can and do change in FI we often spot cold at 10days for it to change to mild in the reliable so who's to say it can't flip from mild to cold.

Enjoy the freshness :drinks:

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
10 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

A continued cold theme till we get towards more season temps, we've done well in the SE if it's colder weather your after. Those away from the SE it will tell you winter is over yet for us certainly not, winters not all about snow!

Way into FI it does look like by the middle of next week we start to flirt with double digit temps but that's a long way off and pointless to worry about at this stage, things can and do change in FI we often spot cold at 10days for it to change to mild in the reliable so who's to say it can't flip from mild to cold.

Enjoy the freshness :drinks:

Winter is all about snow:pardon:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Temp went down to -1.2 over night here, only just got to plus figures now at 0.2 Patchy cloud about. Not much of a breeze. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Sun is breaking out at last. Temp is 3c here in Seaford . Nice to see some clear sky at last. Good Health

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow
18 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Dead still here & very cold-

just cleaned one of my cars & the roof was icing up as I did it!

this is the type of dry cold we can get from the continent

suspect it will be -4 here tonight- 

IMG_1723.JPG

Hi steve

have you spotted anything on the horizon yet.

i know sometimes you spot things on the models some ( especially myself) often miss

Posted

Ah, such a pretty morning, sunlight though mist is lovely - nothing like forecasted over the weekend. I didn't think it was that cold - but I scraped my car only for it to freeze up again while in Tesco! And when your car is 17 years old, it's tricky! My locks refroze in the car park and I had try various methods to unfreeze it!! I must have looked like a right lemon, though!! :D

Edited by Team Squirrel
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
59 minutes ago, Team Squirrel said:

Ah, such a pretty morning, sunlight though mist is lovely - nothing like forecasted over the weekend. I didn't think it was that cold - but I scraped my car only for it to freeze up again while in Tesco! And when your car is 17 years old, it's tricky! My locks refroze in the car park and I had try various methods to unfreeze it!! I must have looked like a right lemon, though!! :D

It probably happened to others too. Just checked my temp, it's is only 1.9 out now at 13:00. Didn't expect that.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
4 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Winter is all about snow:pardon:

And therefore general disappointment here as it rarely snows. Been looking through vegetable seed catalogues and planning what to grow this year. Are you going to bother with melons?

• Like 1

Posted
41 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

And therefore general disappointment here as it rarely snows. Been looking through vegetable seed catalogues and planning what to grow this year. Are you going to bother with melons?

I will, but is there an easier one to grow than a watermelon, which seems impossible unless you have a green house.

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Our Region definitely the place to be at the moment, enjoying frost and sunshine whilst the rest of the UK sits under dull, grey skies.

Radar 13.15 Radar 17Jan 13.15.jpg

It's interesting to see the variation in forecast min temps for tonight from the various High Res models. So for fun, here's the rankings!

First the benchmark from BBC/Met Office issued this lunchtime showing widely -3C and lowest -5C: BBC-Met Off Min Temp.jpg

Numpty prize goes to HIRLAM with +1C widely and lowest -1C: HIRLAM Min Temp Wed 18Jan 07.00.png

Poor effort from NMM with 0C widely and lowest -1C: NMM Min Temp Wed 18Jan 07.00.png

Not much better from GFS with -1C widely and lowest -2C: GFS Min Temp Wed 18Jan 07.00.GIF

Top of the class is Arpege, mirroring the MetOff with -3C widely and lowest -5C: Arpege Min Temp Wed 18Jan 07.00.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Poor temperature modelling is something that afflicts the Netherlands too. Quite often it will forecast -2 or -3 and it turns out nearer -7C .. however oddly it forecasts Germany's temperatures often spot on.

Posted
44 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I will, but is there an easier one to grow than a watermelon, which seems impossible unless you have a green house.

http://www.plantsofdistinction.co.uk/gourmet-selection/melon/melon-alvaro-FI

http://www.thompson-morgan.com/fruit/fruit-seeds/all-fruit-seeds/melon-outdoor-wonder/gww4958TM

These will grow outside and ripen well, think I'll try one this year. 

So nice to see the sun today, looks very chilly tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

What a cracking day, all I remember seeing is blue skies.

Its 3.6c now so nice and cool, absolutely perfect.

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

http://www.plantsofdistinction.co.uk/gourmet-selection/melon/melon-alvaro-FI

http://www.thompson-morgan.com/fruit/fruit-seeds/all-fruit-seeds/melon-outdoor-wonder/gww4958TM

These will grow outside and ripen well, think I'll try one this year. 

So nice to see the sun today, looks very chilly tonight.

I'll go for gallia

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Its been a super Sunny day here in Seaford, a little on the chilly side, just sneaked up to 4C. Lovely clear blue skies. Good Health to you all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

It's unusual for temperatures in the channel to be lower than those on land, Sandettie light vessel in the Eastern Channel has been showing sub zero temp and dew point for a while now whereas the temperature inland here has been around 5 or 6 all afternoon. Now the sun's going down, it's absolutely plummeting and down to 1 degree already. Should be a good frost tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Foggy this morning and chilly on the legs, just feels fresh now, didn't feel cold at all. The slight frost and ice gone.

Looked more like autumn. 

Posted

definitely going to be a cold one tonight, clear and pink at sunset, already -0.7c and dropping like a stone. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow winter. Hot hot summers
On 12/01/2017 at 16:49, MONKEYJAM said:

Snow here in Woking and starting to lay on top of the cars

Looking like it's going to be a lot colder tonight ! Temps bottomed out at -1.3c at 8.41am topped at 5.3c 1.46pm. Temps now down to 0.9c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Let me tell you here right on the coast the top temp today was 0.9c which is pretty amazing right by the sea not far off an ice day.

Right now we are already down to -2.1c  (at 5.25)

Would have been perfect if that easterly had arrived. Once again we are left wondering if only..

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

-2.6 now.. beginning to wonder how low we will go tonight my lowest so far is -3.6 and that was end of November.