Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

ive been watching the showers coming into the east from europe and there is certainly a increase in convective showers just to the east or north east of kent northwards streamers maybe.

1340.thumb.gif.2262baa7a5357d29b1c0a63f5d8f753a.gif

although this is a hr behind the next batch looks heavier.

as for ian f northern blocking holding im not sure thats correct.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

That's rain coming in from the east, temps now above 2c and dew points increasing...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers & Thunderstorms Cold Winters & Snow

Temp starting to fall gradually again here. Temp 2.3c dewpoint -0c

Posted

It should be snow inland as dew points are around 0.c up until about 9pm, after that the DP are projected to increase to 1.c so we would need something fairly heavy heavy to bring the temperature down sufficiently otherwise a wintry mixture in Central London.

• Like 1

Posted

Afternoon all :)

Just back from lunch with my Dad - nice warm pub, table by the fire and good food.

Saw falling snow but nothing settling. 

Good luck to those with altitude who have had some settling snowfall.

• Like 2

Posted
38 minutes ago, Cheese Rice said:

It should be snow inland as dew points are around 0.c up until about 9pm, after that the DP are projected to increase to 1.c so we would need something fairly heavy heavy to bring the temperature down sufficiently otherwise a wintry mixture in Central London.

Interesting to note RAF lakenheath and stansted are both positive DP's (as opposed to non official sites)

given that nothing exciting occurred with dp's below zero, I think that's about it people unless you are very lucky (or on the top of a hill )

EDIT: standsted just dropped back to zero

Edited by bluearmy
  • Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

Interesting to note RAF lakenheath and stansted are both positive DP's (as opposed to non official sites)

given that nothing exciting occurred with dp's below zero, I think that's about it people unless you are very lucky (or on the top of a hill )

EDIT: standsted just dropped back to zero

Do you think there will be any more snow tonight for the midlands and east anglia?

Posted

Dew point now at  - 1c according to wunderground.com. 'The Weather Channel' have me under snow from 4:15pm to 10pm (then a wintry mix after that) and I've found them to be fairly accurate of late, more so than the BBC, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see! Whether it sticks or not is another matter...

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ben Blizzard said:

Dew point now at  - 1c according to wunderground.com. 'The Weather Channel' have me under snow from 4:15pm to 10pm (then a wintry mix after that) and I've found them to be fairly accurate of late, more so than the BBC, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see! Whether it sticks or not is another matter...

It's fairly slow moving so if it can tie in with dusk and dew points stay low we might well get a nice covering here in north Kent. Still think prime spots would be above 300ft 

Edited by Daryl Dixon

Posted

Incredibly complex set up tbh. Pretty much a now cast re rain / snow I'd have thought. The air is supportive at 850 level but its the sort of set up where localized pockets of colder / warmer air at various levels can move things between white and wet quickly and at a very local level. Snowing again slightly in Basildon and the air seems less damp than an hour or so ago (due point must have dropped hence snow again).

So, falling snow tonight looks a fair bet, settling snow seems much less likely at low level.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
12 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Dew point back to 0c here temps slowly falling. 

IMG_1881.thumb.PNG.9f58fcd2086b01ab7f123c9cd142702c.PNG

Lower dew points were expected to move back up from northern France this evening.I'm not expecting much but you never know, it's not over yet.:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Snowed pretty much non stop from 5am ish through to 2pm, then a quick break and it's started to come down quite hard - not big flakes but small ones in large abundance :) it's not settled much although we did have a good covering earlier... 

Edited by Team Jo

Posted
1 minute ago, Team Jo said:

Snowed pretty much non stop from 5am ish through to 2pm, then a quick break and it's netwtted to come down quite hard - not big flakes but small ones in large abundance :) it's not settled much although we did have a good covering earlier... 

Hi Jo :) Whille you're here I hope you don't mind me asking - Is there any more of a chance of the snow this evening settling than the snow we had earlier today? Thanks :)

• Like 1

Posted
47 minutes ago, shaky said:

Do you think there will be any more snow tonight for the midlands and east anglia?

Sure there will be but unless you find yourself above 600 feet then I wouldn't be getting excited and even then it's probably marginal. unless the precip intensifies locally then doubtful many photos going to be on here in the morning 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers
8 minutes ago, Ben Blizzard said:

Hi Jo :) Whille you're here I hope you don't mind me asking - Is there any more of a chance of the snow this evening settling than the snow we had earlier today? Thanks :)

I think it will really depend on location and elevation to be honest - we are a bit more inland so tend to be quite lucky with North Sea Showers. It's 2c here with a 0c DP and it's still not sticking... yet!  Also depends how hard it comes down I think as to whether you'll get any accumulation - the Rain -> snow event the other week was a good example of a short burst of heavy snow giving a covering in spite of the ground being totally soaked and unfrozen.

long winded way of saying I don't know! Keep your eye on the radar and best of luck! :)

• Like 1