Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 12/1/2017 11z ---->

A.J

Posted

I don't know about October Fog Index, I've actually lost count of the January Fog Index.

Our 30 year old panel heaters can't seem to bring the temp in the flat above 18.c Ok when you're moving about but when you're sat down, it's chilly!

Yesterday, black ice was a problem around here, there was a car crash, then the ambulance called hit one of the cars involved! Madness. I walked into town on the grass lll the way as the pavements were lethal. 

As it's my first spring with an allotment, I'm finding I wish this cold but boring winter would magically become spring!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Temperature falling slowly here under cloudy skies. Now -1.7c ! . Quite impressive given no snow cover ( last patch of snow from Jan 12th still remains after 14 days tho )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Also a few flakes falling here in Cambridge....wasn't forecast at all. Not enough to cover anything, but feeling very raw.

Posted

Was forecasted for a couple days now light flurries or grains 

• Like 1

Posted

My hands are like an ice block, it's bloody cold well it sure feels it -0.8C in fact it's dropped, not been as cold as this in the time of the day throughout the cold spell - going out with a bang. :cold: 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Told hubs to put on thick new jumper, so he did and then went, ' it's not so cold now, no frost or fog'  Then he pops out to the shop and opens the door brrrrrrrrrr.  I am ever hopeful i may see some light stuff but no, although its quite dark here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Cold!! 0C here, the SE wind has increased and there are a few tiny snow flakes falling.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Looks like we could see a proper ice day across many parts of the S, temps still widely below freezing in many parts, -2.6C just south of here at Kenley, clearer skies with sunshine over N France heading this way, but may be too late to stop an ice day

sat_1200.PNG

500mb cold pool moving north out of France this evening/tonight forecast to bring a wintry mix of precipitation, so some in SE England and E Anglia could wake up to a dusting on Friday morning, before turning milder during the day as wind veers southerly

gfsgif_500.gifgfsgif_ppn.gif

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.

Notable that many models failed to develop the extensive cloud cover that's helping to keep the temps so low as the bitter cold that's plagued Europe for the past fortnight vacates viat he UK. Impressive to have literally freezing temperatures so close to the south coast, in the early afternoon, and without snow on the ground.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Not seen a single grain here that I have seen anyway. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Cold, grey and breezy, but not even a flakelet of the white stuff; next-door's bird bath has frozen over, in the last half-hour, however.

• Like 1