South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your all taking to much notice of these weather apps. They are next to useless and not meant for enthusiasts like us with time better spent on looking at radars and temperature gauges. My own take is

There's quite a rash of showers over Japan, they might make it this far?

Good morning everyone .  Just before I post  The amazing to weather phenomena that I've witnessed this morning ,  I'd like to say Ian Ferguson  if you read this and see this picture you have

Posted Images

nice little dusting here .. very light though. Still nice to see. Suspect it will be gone by 8am and will just look like a hard frost to most. .... oo That's a point wanted to take the horse out for a longer ride today so hoping it isn't too much snow later ha ha!! It can  snow more afterwards.. it's just we can't ride in it. Lovely as it is.. lethal. 

Looking at Radar, seems to be disapating for any more for Newbury... all clearing down to the south west..As for the north, well they seem to be having a right party. Off now to put my head round the door of the  regional north thread and see what's been going on.. lucky things .. 

Light snow shower here combined with dawn chorus = morning magic!!

Update - continuous snow for past hour, settled on grass and shed roof. Mainly light intensity  but occasional heavier burst. Exciting!!

Edited by Barbel
Update
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

Stopped now. Not much to write home about, but hopefully a warm up for the real deal come months end :rofl:

I've just woken up in a bit of daze. It must have snowed here too...there is a little on shed roofs. Missed it all. Was it good?

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Certain kind of fool said:

I've just woken up in a bit of daze. It must have snowed here too...there is a little on shed roofs. Missed it all. Was it good?

No lol nice to see, but a bit like going to a travel agents and booking a holiday in a tent on a hill in the uk in January for a weekend whilst everyone else is booking Barbados. 

Feeling a bit left out compared to other regions 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, numbnutts(uk) said:

lol went outside when still dark and had 20 p size flakes but more grains now :yahoo:

No way, that's annoying, all I've seen is snow grains. 

• Like 1