South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your all taking to much notice of these weather apps. They are next to useless and not meant for enthusiasts like us with time better spent on looking at radars and temperature gauges. My own take is

There's quite a rash of showers over Japan, they might make it this far?

Good morning everyone .  Just before I post  The amazing to weather phenomena that I've witnessed this morning ,  I'd like to say Ian Ferguson  if you read this and see this picture you have

Posted Images

So busy watching webcams further East that I didn't notice that there was a flurry of snow here! Temp is now 4.5c and feels warmer than yesterday. But it's managing to snow briefly from a passing cloud. Back to sunshine now.

Just now, UncleGargy said:

So busy watching webcams further East that I didn't notice that there was a flurry of snow here! Temp is now 4.5c and feels warmer than yesterday. But it's managing to snow briefly from a passing cloud. Back to sunshine now.

fair play havent even seen a single grain

Been a rather none eventful day here, temperature had been stuck at 2.3c all night until the last hour which has seen it drop along with drew points. NE'ly wind also gaining strength

Temp 1.8c DP -0.7c Wind NE at 16mph

2 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Will that snow reach @karlos1983 or die a death over salisbury plain?! 

Predictive radar suggests it is turning to sleet/rain on the southern edge. Given that currently we are @ 2.9C, it will be clear stuff rather than opaque falling from the sky for here, unless it hangs around for about another 6 hours in the hope any colder air digs in..

1 hour ago, UncleGargy said:

I'm looking at Oxford city center right now (webcam), they are supposed to be right in the middle of it. But nothing is showing :nea: 

I.m south of Oxford and it's snowing here. Not a huge amount but definitely more than a few grains this time

• Like 2

Had snow grains on and off all morning here and now seem to have more showers, comes in fits and starts, snow pellets of a reasonable size and flakes too, it's starting to settle but the intensity is fairly light. Still, good to see some snow at any rate.