South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Sleet here in frome

fromey 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A couple of heavy showers here  too. The current one seems weird, as I can see the moon. 6mm today, 29.8mm for the month, that's almost half of the monthly average.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Only 0.4mm from last nights rain and a few showers this evening giving a total of 2.8mm. Quite a temperature drop during the first shower, went from 8°C to 4.8°C. Now 6.3°C.

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
12 hours ago, karlos1983 said:

Yup here's Dartmoor cam 

IMG_5840.thumb.PNG.f8a7a5b221f84ea5f6cb6c8d599ea4bd.PNG

nice covering!!

of all days to visit Dorset @festivalking lol

To quote Chris kamara....unbelievable!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A low of 0.8°C this morning. Cloudy and cold today.

Temp: 5°C - Hum: 94% - Dew: 4.1°C - Bar: 1003.01hPa - Wind: N - NE @ 9mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

0.4c.  At 03:34. This morning. Now 4.2c. Wind Chill 1.8c.  Cloudy. Northerly breeze 22km/h.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Hi everyone! I'm on a high as completed the Longleat 10k race today (it was soooo cold and the hills were a killer!), so now I'm looking forward to this week.. is it still on?! Or am I tempting fate by mentioning it?!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, khodds said:

Hi everyone! I'm on a high as completed the Longleat 10k race today (it was soooo cold and the hills were a killer!), so now I'm looking forward to this week.. is it still on?! Or am I tempting fate by mentioning it?!

its is still on but how cold it gets is still changing every model run, as for snow i think it will be a day by day thing, see what pops up.

well done on the 10k

fromey

• Like 1

Posted

Afternoon guys,

A chiller night last night, with a low of 3.5c at 2.30am, have been steadily rising since then. 0.3mm of rain fell overnight.

Currently under cloudy skies from the Low over Northern France, however, rain has come very close but has so far missed and is starting to fizzle and move back south now.

Temp 7.0c, Winds NE at 12mph.

Posted
4 minutes ago, fromey said:

its is still on but how cold it gets is still changing every model run, as for snow i think it will be a day by day thing, see what pops up.

well done on the 10k

fromey

Thank you!

looking forward to a weeks weather watching then.. time to start the rollercoaster! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

At Amsterdam airport awaiting to return home I'm hoping for some Stella runs this evening ☺

• Like 1

Posted

What

36 minutes ago, Nights King said:

At Amsterdam airport awaiting to return home I'm hoping for some Stella runs this evening ☺

what more Stella runs, you've been at those for days haven't you?

Picked the right time for a walk on the beach, with the wind from the north is was reasonably well sheltered, and warm in the sun..

Posted
1 hour ago, Nights King said:

Blimey - you are never in the country! I love Amsterdam. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Afternoon all, it turned out to be an alright kind of day here, nowhere near as nice as yesterday due to it being largely overcast but at least it was dry. Overnight low of -1.7 and a high of 4.2 this afternoon, now back down to 1.7; just come back in from walking the dogs and it is feeling quite chilly now. Fun and games next week? Well here's hoping but I'm not counting chickens yet.

Well done Khodds, good effort!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Low of 1.8°C last night. Mostly cloudy today although the sun did come out for a while late afternoon. Felt a bit colder than the last few days. High of 8.2°C. 

Posted

Thanks Jethro! Hope all is well with you. 

Its been blooming cold today! And the proper cold isn't starting until Wednesday onwards. I haven't warmed up all day. Off to get a cheeky kebab as can't be bothered to cook!

Posted

A high of 6.2°C at: 15:32, which was reasonably pleasant after this morning where the breeze was bitter. Time for chicken curry , all that talk of food (khodds) has made me feel hungry..

• Like 1

Posted

Must be lazy Sunday, can't be bothered to cook properly either so just had sausage and egg sarni :D In my defence, I did spend most of yesterday baking, filling the freezer with cakes and puds and the sarni was with bread I made earlier today (properly made too, not a bread machine). Trouble is, if I get peckish later there's now loads of sweet goodies to choose from, hey ho, I'll work the calories off tomorrow at work.

• Like 1

Posted

Can't beat a lazy Sunday! When it's cold, all I do is eat! Diet restarts tomorrow. Fell of spectacularly on Friday evening - I went to a presentation at the Bishops palace and ended up having wine and a buffet in the Bishops front room! Very random! 

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, jethro said:

Must be lazy Sunday, can't be bothered to cook properly either so just had sausage and egg sarni :D In my defence, I did spend most of yesterday baking, filling the freezer with cakes and puds and the sarni was with bread I made earlier today (properly made too, not a bread machine). Trouble is, if I get peckish later there's now loads of sweet goodies to choose from, hey ho, I'll work the calories off tomorrow at work.

OMG, love it, sounds so mouth watering, space for some BB, I'd be over like a rat up a drain pipe. Meantime, the curry odor is beginning to waft through the house..Only put off by the wife saying "Do you know how many calories are in this" "Yes dear I do, but having not eaten today I figure I can cope with a caloric overload just this once.". Meanwhile it appears to be dropping cool outside, covered the windscreen in the event we hit the frost zone..Venus is shining spectacular tonight with Mars just off to the WNW..

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

OMG, love it, sounds so mouth watering, space for some BB, I'd be over like a rat up a drain pipe. Meantime, the curry odor is beginning to waft through the house..Only put off by the wife saying "Do you know how many calories are in this" "Yes dear I do, but having not eaten today I figure I can cope with a caloric overload just this once.". Meanwhile it appears to be dropping cool outside, covered the windscreen in the event we hit the frost zone..Venus is shining spectacular tonight with Mars just off to the WNW..

You'd be welcome. I'm afraid I was brought up with the hospitality traits of the Irish...never let a visitor go unfed, there's ALWAYS a full cake tin and biscuit jar, always homemade. I guess it's rubbed off on my kids too with one an artisan baker and another a chef. I'm sure I thoroughly deserve to be the size of a house but thankfully, manage to work it all off.

I probably/possibly shouldn't say this but.....scientific research has shown that being in a cooler environment, especially one that makes you shiver, encourages the formation of 'brown fat'. Brown fat is the good stuff, it's not like flab so you don't get a beige spare tyre, it's tiny amounts distributed through the body. Brown fat burns calories - lots of them. It's like super charging your metabolism. Get cold, stay cold on a regular basis and before too long you'll be able to eat more and not worry about the calorie content. So.......if your wife is calorie counting the curry, you could legitimately turn the heating off and claim it's for her benefit and not the bank account.

Disclaimer.....it is entirely your responsibility to duck and avoid flying objects when delivering this little homily :whistling:

Posted
31 minutes ago, khodds said:

Can't beat a lazy Sunday! When it's cold, all I do is eat! Diet restarts tomorrow. Fell of spectacularly on Friday evening - I went to a presentation at the Bishops palace and ended up having wine and a buffet in the Bishops front room! Very random! 

oooooo, very posh!

Personally can't think of the title of Bishop of Bath and Wells without having a little internal snigger, Black Adder has a lot to answer for...Do anything, to anything, with anything.

• Like 1