Snow?

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your all taking to much notice of these weather apps. They are next to useless and not meant for enthusiasts like us with time better spent on looking at radars and temperature gauges. My own take is

There's quite a rash of showers over Japan, they might make it this far?

Good morning everyone .  Just before I post  The amazing to weather phenomena that I've witnessed this morning ,  I'd like to say Ian Ferguson  if you read this and see this picture you have

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Pressure just dropped below 1000hPa. Wind gusts of 30mph, wind speed 16mph.

Radar looks juicy?

2017-02-02.png

I've just finished tarting up my gauges page too: http://www.warehamwx.co.uk/cumulus/gauges.php

Radar was right, pouring again this morning, dogs did not want to go outside, as the rain was bouncing off the concrete out there for a while

Edited by Dorsetbred

20.9mm in the gauge this morning and the local stream is well up.  EA have put a flood alert on it as usual, but it won't last for long, just come back again overnight!

1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

I still see nothing to get my hopes up,

As previous lets down have shown, when you don't get model consensus (which we haven't yet) and it's all out in lala land (which it is) and it keeps getting push back (which it is) leads we to conclude

It ain't going to happen!

24 minutes ago, SteveB said:

I still see nothing to get my hopes up,

As previous lets down have shown, when you don't get model consensus (which we haven't yet) and it's all out in lala land (which it is) and it keeps getting push back (which it is) leads we to conclude

It ain't going to happen!

Yeah, I was thinking the same, with a comment such as "a small prob colder E'ly regime becoming more established >"  Ones confidence is not inspired

• Like 1

Well I shall see you all Monday to see if weather is looking up I cannot abide this weather so I'm off to Amsterdam for some cultural delights :D:hi:

Not cold there either but im not sure ill notice :laugh:

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Well I shall see you all Monday to see if weather is looking up I cannot abide this weather so I'm off to Amsterdam for some cultural delights :D:hi:

Not cold there either but im not sure ill notice :laugh:

frame_69_delay_0_1s.gif

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 2
8 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Looks like today for the strongest winds rather than tomorrow. I must say I like a good blow....

Me too.

Been ages since I last had a good blow.

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

Nice little squall line just passed

Quite amazing that hadn't even formed as it came ashore over us, it was just the odd spot of rain, and it wound itself up quite quickly to deliver that for you.

• Like 2

Been quite a wet few days here, a good 30mm as fallen since Monday, with 21mm of that coming just overnight! 

Tomorrows storm is looking increasingly likely to now move across Northern France from the latest model updates. One place could get over 100mph as a Jet streak looks likely with the overpowered jet stream we have right now!

Currently: was going to update with my stations readings, but appears to have lost signal! Ha!

Wind has just started to pick up here.
Was SSE 12-15mph with some 18mph gusts this morning.
Now more southerly 20-25mph with some 35mph gusts

Has this storm come early then?
Notice the gust level on Met office has dropped from late 50s to early 40s now on tomorrows forecast.