South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your all taking to much notice of these weather apps. They are next to useless and not meant for enthusiasts like us with time better spent on looking at radars and temperature gauges. My own take is

There's quite a rash of showers over Japan, they might make it this far?

Good morning everyone .  Just before I post  The amazing to weather phenomena that I've witnessed this morning ,  I'd like to say Ian Ferguson  if you read this and see this picture you have

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, jy said:

this is a mystery,seems all round it is turning to snow,even bits near the coast,but heavy rain here....jtay any thoughts...New Forest seems sleet or rain...bit baffling

Ideally you need that wind to swing round to the north. Do you know what your current temperature and dew points are like?

Just now, the storm fisherman said:

Just got of the train a matter of 5 minutes and in Eastleigh now and the snow rain mix 80:20 to the snow with the wind picking up 

Not that far away but the pesky Solent heat reservoir is doing the normal job

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Nights King said:

I think that sensor is reading 1c too low jeth its still 1.2c here but heavy snow?

No idea. I can however now say IT'S SNOWING!!!! :yahoo:

• Like 7
1 minute ago, Chief Wiggam said:

Wind from the North West has increased significantly but the rain keeps on falling,  even harder now.  No chance for snow unless we have a serious temperature drop

Keep the faith Chief snowing in Southhapton

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Ali1977 said:

It's now moving really slow though so could be ok

I'd say it's doing the opposite seems to be clearing quicker throughout malvern W Midlands, Cotswolds. Radar returns showing lighter precipitation but quite likely to be wrong (hopefully!)