Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Rather boring day, in fact rather boring weather overall. It was much more exciting last weekend. Grey and 12C today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Not too bad here as the suns made an appearance amongst the cloud. 13.2°C. 

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Currently 15.1°C here with some light rain showing on the radar to the SW, hope it stays away until the washing's dry!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The odd bright spell here and there, but mostly dull and cloudy. Feeling chilly too.

Temp: 10.6°C - Hum: 90% - Dew: 9°C - Bar: 1016.26hPa - Wind: E @ 5mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Cloudy for a lot of the day but felt quite pleasant here especially when the sun came out. Cooler now, 8.3°C

Posted

Weather today, Poole town centre mist/fog and chilly, 2 miles inland towards candford heath/ creekmoor sunshine and feeling warm, same this afternoon watching Bmth v West Ham mist/fog coming and going.

Posted

Drizzly this morning, but the sun has made an appearance now.

Temp: 13.3°C - Hum: 82% - Dew: 10.3°C - Rain: 2.4mm - Bar: 1014.90hPa - Wind: WNW ~ NW @ 3mph.

Posted

Well, Thursday was a nice truly springlike day reaching 15.8C. I had Friday off this week, which had sea fog roll in for most of the day even in the valley here a few miles inland, yesterday was dull and cloudy.. Today is dull and cloudy. Tomorrow looks lovely. Typical. Seems to have been the theme of a few recent weekends.

Spring does seem to be  advanced though, Some parts of the garden look a bit more like April, some bluebell and Tulip buds visible, Aquilegia's growing well.
Also seen some Hawthorn, Elder, Willow and even Poplar trees starting to get leaves emerging, which appears much earlier than last year for the Poplars looking at my photos. Although last year I remember some Oaks (and Sycamore, Birch etc) being very early with some in March. Not seen any this year, but haven't looked far either.

Posted
3 hours ago, Evening thunder said:

Well, Thursday was a nice truly springlike day reaching 15.8C. I had Friday off this week, which had sea fog roll in for most of the day even in the valley here a few miles inland, yesterday was dull and cloudy.. Today is dull and cloudy. Tomorrow looks lovely. Typical. Seems to have been the theme of a few recent weekends.

Spring does seem to be  advanced though, Some parts of the garden look a bit more like April, some bluebell and Tulip buds visible, Aquilegia's growing well.
Also seen some Hawthorn, Elder, Willow and even Poplar trees starting to get leaves emerging, which appears much earlier than last year for the Poplars looking at my photos. Although last year I remember some Oaks (and Sycamore, Birch etc) being very early with some in March. Not seen any this year, but haven't looked far either.

The garden is in full bud at the moment, everywhere I turn, the trees, the fruit trees, and the lower level weeds!

S'gonna be a long gardening season..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
1 hour ago, knocker said:

Some fiendishly cold temps in Canada and the NE US this morning

us_f12.thumb.png.2f728749ef470700378d8813a0abb4a3.png

http://www.atmos.albany.edu/student/tburg/analysis/loop.php?model=nam3

I am rather jealous of what's about to happen tomorrow in the NE US!! Absolute classic snow storm coming!

Posted

Chillier than expected down to 0.8C last night. Lovely day so far today though and warming up quickly at 08.4C.

Posted
41 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I am rather jealous of what's about to happen tomorrow in the NE US!! Absolute classic snow storm coming!

I've been puzzling over why my post this morning had disappeared from the N. America thread. Now I know why! A classic nor'easter

Back to here and I thought it was going to be a sunny day but no, the proverbial Sc sheet has appeared.

Edited by knocker
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

What a stunning day, feels like spring has sprung !! Shame it's Monday :pardon:

Posted

Beautiful at the mo; sunny, clear blue skies. Waiting for grass to dry after heavy dew last night; then attempt its first cut, since the Autumn, this afternoon.

• Like 1

Posted

Blue skies - very nice indeed. Low humidity as well, with the gentle breeze, its ideal for drying the washing.

Temp: 13.6°C - Hum: 58%  - Dew: 5.4°C - Bar: 1031.16hPa - Wind: W ~ NW @ 5mph.

Posted

Nice view of ....blue sky and lots of it. Currently 12.7°C (54.9°F), Apparent temp 11.9°C.

Spring has well and truly sprung, of course ignoring the doomsayers that issue warnings of a cold Easter...:doh:

Posted

If I sit right up against the wall, in the lee of one of our bushes, it feels quite pleasant. That breeze has picked up though and it's not a mild one.

Posted

Nice afternoon now with blue sky and feeling quite warm. 14.3°C and rising. 

Edited by matt111

Posted

Bloody cloud, spoiling things now. That looks to be the best of it for quite some time, now. At least the weeds dried out enough to give them a trim.