Snow?

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your all taking to much notice of these weather apps. They are next to useless and not meant for enthusiasts like us with time better spent on looking at radars and temperature gauges. My own take is

There's quite a rash of showers over Japan, they might make it this far?

Good morning everyone .  Just before I post  The amazing to weather phenomena that I've witnessed this morning ,  I'd like to say Ian Ferguson  if you read this and see this picture you have

Posted Images

Morning, much better start to the day here, sunny with a clear blue sky, hooray! Courtesy of Facebook and their memory thing....apparently this time last year we had a covering of snow. Personally speaking, I'm in 'let's get on with spring' mode, any snow can now wait until next winter.

12806227_10207545639252007_6843600998220046265_n.jpg

• Like 1

Some nice instability building for this afternoon. A recent shower passed so quickly it failed to dampen the ground. Hoping the incoming bands might improve that situation. Breezy 20-22mph sustained over the harbour from the SSW.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Not a bad day, good sunny spells and the odd quick shower. Windy.

Temp: 11°C - Hum: 77% - Dew: 7.1°C - Rain: 0.2mm - Bar: 987.81hPa - Wind: SW ~ WSW @ 9mph.

Got caught in a very heavy downpour at sandbanks earlier on the dog walk, was very blowy as well!

Raspberry Pi and Rain gauge ordered. Can soon ditch the tablet that's running my weather station. It's been ok but it keeps turning off every few days messing with my data. 

Missed all the showers here with the exception of a very light shower late afternoon which gave us a nice double rainbow. Caught a bit of it just as it was fading. 

2017-03-04 17.13.32.jpg

9 hours ago, matt111 said:

Missed all the showers here with the exception of a very light shower late afternoon which gave us a nice double rainbow. Caught a bit of it just as it was fading. 

2017-03-04 17.13.32.jpg

Very nice :good:

Shame about the black nose and mega eyeballs though. Direction needed next time :acute:*chuckles*

Bright and blustery after the rain band moved through, but it's now smashing it down. Gardening delayed, so more tea and last night's Match of the day.

• Like 1

Very windy again, 42mph this morning. Missed the heavy showers here, just the odd sprinkle.

Temp: 9.6°C - Hum: 76% - Dew: 5.5°C - Rain: 9.2mm - Bar: 990.38hPa - Wind: WSW ~ W @ 17mph.

Yes, the showers have been rattling through here much of the day too, nothing other than rain, but a friend in Exeter reports a heavy hail shower late morning.

Great photos, MP-R.

On 03/03/2017 at 22:23, Polar Bear said:

All good tanks GTLTW. Hope you are too.. reminds me must send you a vid of a wee birdy tweeting loudly in the tree tother day. Need to know what it is! :) 

PM me it Polar Bear. I'll second guess at a Song Thrush before I even see your video.

Edited by gottolovethisweather