Snow?

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/1/2017 ---->

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your all taking to much notice of these weather apps. They are next to useless and not meant for enthusiasts like us with time better spent on looking at radars and temperature gauges. My own take is

There's quite a rash of showers over Japan, they might make it this far?

Good morning everyone .  Just before I post  The amazing to weather phenomena that I've witnessed this morning ,  I'd like to say Ian Ferguson  if you read this and see this picture you have

Posted Images

On 24/02/2017 at 16:07, jtay said:

@matt111@katemart, et al...

Anyone off to Wembley on Sunday? We've been lucky enough to get some tickets, so 4 of us are heading up there.

Afraid not. But I shall be listening loyally on Radio Solent. Sing up, boys and girls! Have a wonderful day, everyone xxx

Cloudy day, damp with that overnight and early morning drizzle, 0.8mm today.
Dry now, 10.2c, 1009.2 hPa, SSW wind 9-12mph.

Wind seems to have calmed down today, was SW 20mph yesterday with constant 30mph gusts.

An interesting day, tomorrow. I expect a mixture of everything within the heavier showers. A bit of wintriness over high ground, hail & thunder  possible too.

Cloud tops will be cold enough for ice formation:

gfs_el_eur33.thumb.png.b96b52f66103419a6edc11b8d6b91793.png

58b2d3221eac2_viewimage(1).thumb.png.73ea15afd59f8a8f865d73fe3e74644e.png viewimage.thumb.png.dc6f135d1cb826b585daf84a2cba7020.png

• Like 1

Cotswolds above about 200 meters could get some snow tomorrow, especially if you believe the BBC app! If we manage some solid heavy ppn I would not be surprised to see some wet snow down to lower levels. Ppn intensity will be key for snowfall. 

IMG_1912.thumb.PNG.93b4519c9152377805fea01ce5746648.PNG

The new Davis aerocone rain bucket is doing its job. It's gusting well over 30mph with drizzle, and it is recording it ok. It would have struggled on the old bucket in these conditions.

Wowzer this one has a bit more bite to it than Doris. Wind over the harbour is gusting 43mph an average of 36mph, an seems to be strengthening.Interesting the pressure drop is minimal.

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Wowzer this one has a bit more bite to it than Doris. Wind over the harbour is gusting 43mph an average of 36mph, an seems to be strengthening.Interesting the pressure drop is minimal.

I totally agree. I haven't beaten 50mph, but the consistency of 35mph + is far higher than during Doris.