Jump to content
Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, markyo said:

Just seen the forecast for the next 10 days for London. My thoughts go out to the many who dislike heat,high 20's into low 30's for most of the time with resultant high night temps. After the 2 months they've just endured this must be the last thing those folk who suffer with the heat would want. It must be so uncomfortable.☹️ and for some dangerous.

Aye, Mark - it goes goes on and on and on and on...Come on weather gods, gissa break - and turn it down to 25?!?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Aye, Mark - it goes goes on and on and on and on...Come on weather gods, gissa break - and turn it down to 25?!?

Good luck Ed,hang on in there,it has to end sometime soon! The weather gods can't be this cruel much longer can they?

Edited by markyo
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, markyo said:

it has to end sometime soon! 

And when it does, you'll still be in here, moaning about past and future heat. Hopefully, that will end sometime soon?!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

And when it does, you'll still be in here, moaning about past and future heat. Hopefully, that will end sometime soon?!

And whats the name of this thread? The word after Model and before ramp.? i'll still be here,sorry to disappoint you.?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, markyo said:

And whats the name of this thread? The word after Model and before ramp.? i'll still be here,sorry to disappoint you.?

You muppet, Mark - it's the 'Isn't The Weather Always Great' thread! How did you not know that!:yahoo:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, markyo said:

Just seen the forecast for the next 10 days for London. My thoughts go out to the many who dislike heat,high 20's into low 30's for most of the time with resultant high night temps. After the 2 months they've just endured this must be the last thing those folk who suffer with the heat would want. It must be so uncomfortable.☹️ and for some dangerous.

Despite northerners claiming southerners are ‘soft’, most are not miserable whingers and they’ll cope perfectly well with the return to warmth and sunshine, being able to enjoy many outdoor pursuits once again. After all, it is summer. It won’t last forever!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, markyo said:

Just seen the forecast for the next 10 days for London. My thoughts go out to the many who dislike heat,high 20's into low 30's for most of the time with resultant high night temps. After the 2 months they've just endured this must be the last thing those folk who suffer with the heat would want. It must be so uncomfortable.☹️ and for some dangerous.

Some more hot stuff to come down here as you say, met office confident cooler for all end of next week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mb018538 said:

Exactly - it’ll be all done with in another month and we can all enjoy 6 months of dark mornings and nights! Hip hip, hooray!

Haha, yes, can’t wait for months of darkness, wind, rain, mud and slush, if lucky. What’s not to look forward to, being cooped up indoors? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Haha, yes, can’t wait for months of darkness, wind, rain, mud and slush, if lucky. What’s not to look forward to, being cooped up indoors? 

Yep can’t wait until I have to start paying for my central heating again!

,

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Despite northerners claiming southerners are ‘soft’, most are not miserable whingers and they’ll cope perfectly well with the return to warmth and sunshine, being able to enjoy many outdoor pursuits once again. After all, it is summer. It won’t last forever!

Are you saying i moan about the weather!??. And am a miserable whinger!? ......I'm gobsmacked?

Ps hope your partners on the mend with his finger. I did that once on the North coast of Scotland,wouldn't have minded so much but the van i was in had a sliding door!. Still bloody hurt!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/07/2018 at 14:29, cheese said:

That's exactly what we had for most of July and people like markyo were still complaining about it being too warm, though I agree that most people would be perfectly happy with such conditions, especially if it's with low humidity as was the case in late June and most of July (except the final 10 or so days when it became more humid).

In any case, be careful what you wish for - the way the model output is slowly deteriorating, at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if August ends up a cool, wet, dull month, which would certainly benefit nobody.

Apologies Moderators in advance!:sorry:

Where do I even get going with this one!?  You're in Leeds yet you're lecturing people in the south east that they were moaning about nothing as it wasn't that hot...in Leeds!  I don't remember most of us complaining when it was 25-28 degrees with 30% humidity - we moaned when it hit 34C with 45-50% humidity and, despite keeping curtains closed through the day and opening windows once it cooled-off got slightly less oppressive in the evening, we still had to try to get to sleep with the temperature between 28 and 30C even at midnight.  I don't care if you discount the fact that most of us who were struggling have valid medical reasons for so doing (in my case medication that affects my ability to deal with heat); what I want to know is why you're so insistent on the south east hitting 35C/40C/whatever level you desire when you don't live there?  I'm not being aggressive or sarcastic; I'm genuinely baffled.

Secondly, I was told off for saying that heat-lovers were trying to enforce their preferences on the rest of us by repeatedly stating, in some Orwellian manner, that we all think the same way.  I was informed that I was trying to impose my preference for not having heat exhaustion and feeling ill all the time cooler conditions with some rain on others, but, I'm sorry - claiming that a cool, wet August "would certainly benefit nobody" when farmers are desperate for more rain* and many of us here are dreading another heawave over the weekend and through next week is an attempt to persuade others by repeatedly stating something that is demonstrably not accurate. 

I'm sorry that I am weak and inferior and do not meet your standards for heat-tolerance; I suspect you could probably eat food so spicy that it would burn my digestive tract and you can probably leap tall buildings in a single bound, but please show a little consideration for those inferior beings such as myself!

*Links:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45018746

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/aug/01/uk-farmers-allowed-to-take-more-water-from-rivers-as-heatwave-continues

 

 

 

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, markyo said:

Are you saying i moan about the weather!??. And am a miserable whinger!? ......I'm gobsmacked?

Ps hope your partners on the mend with his finger. I did that once on the North coast of Scotland,wouldn't have minded so much but the van i was in had a sliding door!. Still bloody hurt!

I’d never call you a miserable whinger ?

Thank you, he’s struggled at work on the pc this week, nasty injury. It’s still weeping but on the mend. Off camping this weekend so I’m happy it’ll be warm! Hope you’re keeping well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Haha, yes, can’t wait for months of darkness, wind, rain, mud and slush, if lucky. What’s not to look forward to, being cooped up indoors? 

Now you see, I could argue that the real softies here are able-bodied people who moan about a standard British winter as they cant get out and about, where I, in a powered wheelchair, manage in all but heavy snow with just a shower cap over my wheelchairs' control unit and warm/waterproof clothes.??☺️

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Another GFS run that ends the heat, and possibly who knows the summer next wednesday, been showing often, UKMO going that way too, wait for EC later, but looks quite vile

 

gfs-0-174.png?12

 

Somewhat premature on the "possibly ends summer" argument, surely?  Anyway, even if it does, haven't we had an unusual, possibly extreme, dry hot summer already?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Now you see, I could argue that the real softies here are able-bodied people who moan about a standard British winter as they cant get out and about, where I, in a powered wheelchair, manage in all but heavy snow with just a shower cap over my wheelchairs' control unit and warm/waterproof clothes.??☺️

You could argue that! Obviously, some weather conditions would challenge you more than others. A standard British winter isn’t much fun though, is it? Compared to summer sunshine and warmth, anyway. Think the majority of us agree that 35C anywhere without AC isn’t pleasant, but this summer we’ve only had a few days like that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...