Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Polar Maritime

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Lucky up here to get 14 days a year of above 24 c conditions , bring on the heat .🌞🔥💥☄️☀️🌤🌞💥🌟✨🔥

Just now, Mokidugway said:

Lucky up here to get 14 days a year of above 24 c conditions , bring on the heat .🌞🔥💥☄️☀️🌤🌞💥🌟✨🔥

because you're north of the usual divide. should think yourself lucky.

Just now, Ice Man 85 said:

because you're north of the usual divide. should think yourself lucky.

Eventually moving to California so I'll get my warmth 24/7 lol

5 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

When they want oppressive conditions it is. people commuting for work in the underground, cramped into hot and humid trains. people who don't have the luxury of working in aircon'd offices?

"summery" for the UK is high teens to lower mid-twenties, this isn't cannes.

fiddle.gif

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cheese said:

fiddle.gif

did i rub your nose in it when your neck of the woods was full of cloud etc? did your own share of moaning did you not? Hypocrite.

• Like 1

did i rub your nose in it when your neck of the woods was full of cloud etc? did your own share of moaning did you not? Hypocrite.

fiddle.gif

• Like 1

don't worry, I'll remember.

Remember this - I don't try and guilt trip people for liking weather I hate. I don't imply you're selfish or bad for liking cloud. Each to their own.

The thought of working in heatwave conditions makes me feel sick. No aircon, it's horrendous. 

35 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

The thought of working in heatwave conditions makes me feel sick. No aircon, it's horrendous. 

Its a case of deaf ears, CC. They won't be happy unless we're dripping like a pot roast.

Edited by Ice Man 85

1 hour ago, Mokidugway said:

Eventually moving to California so I'll get my warmth 24/7 lol

Not if you move to San Francisco :drunk-emoji:

8 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Its a case of deaf ears, CC. They won't be happy unless we're dripping like a pot roast.

That's why you don't see many from down here bleating on endlessly about heat,humidity etc.Bloody awful in London when it gets hot. No escaping it.

Roll on September I say.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

That's why you don't see many from down here bleating on endlessly about heat,humidity etc.Bloody awful in London when it gets hot. No escaping it.

Roll on September I say.

If a member by the name of slush-man starts posting on here soon, you know its me. I'd have melted.

Seriously though, this country is not set up at ANY level for conditions into the 30s. This isn't the US/Canada where you can either get home aircon or duck into an aircon'd building. In the UK, there's no escape. People will suffer from this. Even though the "enthusiasts" couldn't give a monkey's.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

That place is often cooler than we are in the summer. seems to have its own microclimate.

48 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

If a member by the name of slush-man starts posting on here soon, you know its me. I'd have melted.

Seriously though, this country is not set up at ANY level for conditions into the 30s. This isn't the US/Canada where you can either get home aircon or duck into an aircon'd building. In the UK, there's no escape. People will suffer from this. Even though the "enthusiasts" couldn't give a monkey's.

This is more like it

gfs-0-324.png?18

Shame it's at 324 hrs

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

This is more like it

gfs-0-324.png?18

Shame it's at 324 hrs

isn't it always? There is support from the ens to kill it next weekend though. Relative to the muck we'll have to suffer through the working week anyway.

Edited by Ice Man 85

got a personal space cooler for just over 30 quid. Put some chilled water from the fridge into it, and maybe some ice.

I'm good to go, the humid muggy crap, got nothing on me now

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

When they want oppressive conditions it is. people commuting for work in the underground, cramped into hot and humid trains. people who don't have the luxury of working in aircon'd offices?

"summery" for the UK is high teens to lower mid-twenties, this isn't cannes.

I don’t think anyone wants oppressively humid conditions. Warmth, yes. It’s cold and cloudy most of the year in this crappy climate, so it’s nice to feel the heat occasionally. 

There’s only so much moaning one should do before one does something about it. Getting air conditioning or similar at home is clearly one answer, if summers here are so awfully uncomfortable. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cheeky_monkey said:

Slightly further south Salinas ,lol

Apropos nothing at all really but just a couple of passing observations vis next week

An omega block 😲

1248268407_omega2.thumb.png.d79cc03f5ffcfd8c4b73c9f0c1078582.png

and a sounding for London

sounding.thumb.jpg.e232ea7e4cf987b4d7b063bcb6b13b7c.jpg

• Like 2

The summers here are frequently dull, miserable and depressing. It's not often we get proper summer heat and sunshine. We are an island in the Atlantic where the weather is extremely varied, sometimes very wet in the summer, sometimes very dry and occasionally very hot. If you don't like the varied UK climate (which unfortunately for you includes summer heatwaves) then I would recommend that you have contingency plans in the summer months to combat the odd occasional heatwave we are always likely to be susceptible to. Fortunately for you, unlike the majority of Europe, the UK is often affected by the jet stream which often dictates the summer with little sun and surpressed temperatures including a lot of rain. 

If the summer in this country makes life too miserable for you, then instead of moaning about it on a weather forum, I would suggest you invest your time and money perhaps relocating to the Highlands of Scotland, or investing in an air conditioning system to keep you cool during our (infrequent) hot weather. Plan holidays at work during summer months so you dont have to work when hot weather is most likely. Persistent moaning on a weather forum is not going to change things. The weather will do what the weather will do and unfortunately cannot be controlled. Perhaps instead of being cooped up indoors during hot weather moaning behind a laptop that you actually go out and enjoy the weather. Shorts, flip flops and a vest top normally suffices.

ENJOY! 

• Like 4

Well unsurprisingly we are stuck under a ton of cloud, looking at the satellite its going to be tough going breaking it up today, and tomorrow. While its mild at 19/16C it just looks miserable outside and while the current model output is great any real hot weather is still almost a week away.

Again I'll reiterate what I've already said before this week is SO much poor than what was originally modeled 5days ago, why should next week be any different.  

Edited by Alderc

18 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Well unsurprisingly we are stuck under a ton of cloud, looking at the satellite its going to be tough going breaking it up today, and tomorrow. While its mild at 19/16C it just looks miserable outside and while the current model output is great any real hot weather is still almost a week away.

Again I'll reiterate what I've already said before this week is SO much poor than what was originally modeled 5days ago, why should next week be any different.  

Is it really that different from what was modelled? I remember posting last week that there would cloud issues with a moist humid airflow off a coolish Atlantic. Wall to wall sunshine was never being shown for Mon - Wed.

20 minutes ago, Alderc said:

not great weather this week, models suggest it turning summery from Sunday

The latest GFS runs have a look of mid July 2006 about them. High pressure intensifying over the Uk and not budging for days on end. Im no fan of oppressive heat in the workplace or at night but other than that, bring it on!

• Like 1