Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Polar Maritime

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Yes mass hysteria indeed, dare I say Express level. Only gives people let downs, especially those who don't happen to be in the south east.

Edited by parrotingfantasist

Icon coming out now!!come on give us a freeze at just 120 hours!!gota keep improving from here on in!!

Incredible  -16 850  hitting the east coast on the 18z. No way that will happen but worth another vino to take to comtemplate how awesome that is

Some amazing looking charts for coldies, my only concern it's still a good few days away, enough time to go pear shaped. 

I am still staying on the side of caution. Charts still a long way out, cold may be on the way in, but -17. Really? 

EDIT: I take it back, just checked my local Netweather forecast....

Edited by RichmondWeather

On the BBC Iplayer weather forecast. There seems a concerned tone to there voice for next week in terms of how cold it' going to be.

Just my observation.

9 minutes ago, Bradowl said:

Some amazing looking charts for coldies, my only concern it's still a good few days away, enough time to go pear shaped. 

I suppose this time everybody incl models and weather agencies seems to singing from the same hymn sheet- just a question of how cold now and for how long

8 hours ago, tight isobar said:

Do-us a 'favour' tony.

Wack a link or some evidence up for that pal.

As all met-o, noise via 10-16dayer.. is well off course for how you have stated!!!

Yep, it was the meto video on YouTube. Just subscribe and you can see the casts

Tense but exciting times ahead.

We rarely experience what's being modelled here in UK!

Surely this can't go seriously wrong from here can it?

One things for sure, it's going to be a very long week waiting to find out whether the cold pool actually develops to the extent shown on most models and which area it will eventually envelop.

I don't want to sound like a wet blanket, but you guys need to stop and actually think about the ramifications of these synoptics on the countries infrastructure. Have you not been watching the news? Have you not seen the hospitals in crisis? Hate me if you must, but I am really hoping these extreme runs get watered down to avoid chaos.

2 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

I don't want to sound like a wet blanket, but you guys need to stop and actually think about the ramifications of these synoptics on the countries infrastructure. Have you not been watching the news? Have you not seen the hospitals in crisis? Hate me if you must, but I am really hoping these extreme runs get watered down to avoid chaos.

To be fair I think quite a few people have made this exact sort of comment in the main model thread after this evenings GFS run. 

At the end of the day we're all cold weather fans, and the chance to see vast swathes of the UK buried in snow in a once in a lifetime event will always seem appealing, even if we are aware of the ramifications for industry, wild-life and infrastructure. The reload at T+362 was too much for me though. Give us the run up to that point then let the mild air win. 

4 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

I want it to be as severe as possible!!..haven't seen this potential for 8 years with too much mild dross in recent winters..bring on the chaos!!:yahoo::shok::drinks:

18 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

I want it to be as severe as possible!!..haven't seen this potential for 8 years with too much mild dross in recent winters..bring on the chaos!!:yahoo::shok::drinks:

Not for me, Frosty. Even I have my limits.

5 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Not for me, Frosty. Even I have my limits.

Well regardless of whatever we wish happens the weather will do what it will do !!

38 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Doesn't matter what you or anyone else wants. If it's going to happen then it's going to happen. If the NHS struggles even more then that's the fault of our ridiculous government for running our health service into the ground.

1 minute ago, cheese said:

Doesn't matter what you or anyone else wants. If it's going to happen then it's going to happen. If the NHS struggles even more then that's the fault of our ridiculous government for running our health service into the ground.

you're all heart...

Might as well be a winter pariah too then lol. Knocker could use the company.

Edited by Ice Man 85
more to add.

I don't think this upcoming cold spell will be as cold as 2010, as I remember driving to work in the Midlands and it was -11°C air temp.

This evenings charts are only showing -7°C as coldest so far in my area.

I also doubt the amount of snow we get will be as much as 2010.

But we are still 7-days away from anything really cold, and there will be upgrades and downgrades to the weather models until in the more reliable timeframe.

Looking at Met O, local forecast.

Wind Chill Feels Like Temp for next Mon, despite lots of Sunshine

Max Temp 3C

Feels like temp between -4 and -8c

Brisk Easterly winds, gusting into the low 30's

Good old Tomasz on the week ahead forecast just now.

”Like cold runny honey :D “

Whilst 2010 was cold here it never really snowed in the City. Looking very different next week :D 

When the number of The Beast shows in your local 5 day forecast, you know The Beast from The East is truly on its way 😮🤪

E76D0042-CB71-4C2B-8667-B542486431FD.jpeg

Edited by Fitzwis

With The Siberian Express inbound, here are some useful instructions (for those who know) ... now where did I put my BP badge? 🛷

sledge.pdf

Edited by Fitzwis

BBC Weather - Some places next week will struggle to reach freezing, with a little snow for some!

It looks like being mainly dry cold!

Edited by snowblizzard