Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
7 minutes ago, MP-R said:

At least when it's cold, you can wear a coat to keep warm rather than overheat. Warm rain is just a pain, unless of the torrential variety hehe.

Agreed! Besides, cold rain often means that areas nearby with a bit of elevation get snow and you just take a drive there. 

Warm rain is just nothing for everywhere.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Warm rain is like warm beer,pointless and yuk:nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
1 hour ago, MP-R said:

At least when it's cold, you can wear a coat to keep warm rather than overheat. Warm rain is just a pain, unless of the torrential variety hehe.

you clearly dont work outside.... :p

warm rain is just that... warm! , cold rain makes you even colder, its not like working in frost. i talk from vast experience here lol

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, markyo said:

Warm rain is like warm beer,pointless and yuk:nonono:

....... you could say that about cold rain... and to repeat my point just made, you clearly dont work outside, if you did youd soon change your minds about which type of rain is 'best'... trust me,.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
5 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

warm rain is just that... warm! , cold rain makes you even colder, its not like working in frost. i talk from vast experience here lol

Ha true, perhaps I'm flogging a dead horse to someone whose livelihood is made from working outside. I do a lot of rushing around outside though and need to drive from location to location so generally find the warm rain more of a hindrance personally. To be quite honest, rain at all is a hindrance to outside activities but hey ho.

Posted
44 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

....... you could say that about cold rain... and to repeat my point just made, you clearly dont work outside, if you did youd soon change your minds about which type of rain is 'best'... trust me,.

Your right i don't work outdoors,that's why opinion is different to yours! If i did then my opinion could well change. Like yours would if you did my job with regard to warmth and rain.

Posted
59 minutes ago, markyo said:

Your right i don't work outdoors,that's why opinion is different to yours! If i did then my opinion could well change. Like yours would if you did my job with regard to warmth and rain.

unlikely, as i hate cold, i feel cold, i can cope far better with heat, which is why i like what i do. i dare say others who can cope with cold feel differently.

doesnt it make all this pointless moaning about it seem rather daft though? (yes i do include myself in this criticism)

• Like 3

Posted
20 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

unlikely, as i hate cold, i feel cold, i can cope far better with heat, which is why i like what i do. i dare say others who can cope with cold feel differently.

doesnt it make all this pointless moaning about it seem rather daft though? (yes i do include myself in this criticism)

I agree pointless,(i hang my head in abject shame as i am one of the worst) we are all different.thankfully,would be blinking boring if we weren't!:)

Posted

Just had a look on the other thread. Dead as a dodo on there yet there looks to be some proper major weather on the way. Fair play to Knocker by the way!

Now if there were endless weeks of dry boring high pressure forecast the thread would be buzzing with excitement?!?

I can never understand that with a weather enthusiasts website. Very strange.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.

The ironic thing is that the Azores High that refuses to sod off will be cursed by the mod thread pretty soon as it keeps dragging in mild muck from the south west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Can anybody tell me why the Atlantic continues to be so active?...since June in varying degrees really, which hasn't been the case in recent summers and looks like in the medium term too.

Edited by Froze were the Days

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
14 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Can anybody tell me why the Atlantic continues to be so active?...since June in varying degrees really, which hasn't been the case in recent summers and looks like in the medium term too.

Significant trade wind surges have occurred in the Pacific as the atmosphere has maintained and strengthened a La Nina base state. The result for us has been enhanced westerlies. 

The current forecast for pressure rises is the result of a westerly wind burst forecast in the east pacific amplifying the downstream pattern. It's likely to be temporary though given the alluded to La Nina atmospheric coupling. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Some very pleasant weather over the last week or so here. Quite a bit of sunshine and feeling reasonably warm too. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Eyes down.

Iceaxes and Crampons.

prectypeuktopo.thumb.png.a609b4fbf2973f6dac3eca8cb97f2da7.png

Posted

A month or so too early but there are some epic GFS charts showing up for the time of year. Would certainly cull the CET.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
On 26/09/2017 at 13:26, mushymanrob said:

Excluding natural disasters, I think cold rain must be the worst type of weather imaginable - few thing are more vile than a January day where it's pouring and the temperature is 2-3C. That kind of weather to me feels even more cold than snow - it just penetrates the skin. It's horrible. And at least snow is pretty!

Let's be honest, warm rain is pretty much nonexistent in this country. Even in the summer the rain doesn't feel warm. At most you get 'tepid rain'. There have been days here where the temperature has been mid or high 20s, we get a thunderstorm and the temperature plummets below 20C. 

Edited by cheese

Posted
3 hours ago, cheese said:

Excluding natural disasters, I think cold rain must be the worst type of weather imaginable - few thing are more vile than a January day where it's pouring and the temperature is 2-3C. That kind of weather to me feels even more cold than snow - it just penetrates the skin. It's horrible. And at least snow is pretty!

Let's be honest, warm rain is pretty much nonexistent in this country. Even in the summer the rain doesn't feel warm. At most you get 'tepid rain'. There have been days here where the temperature has been mid or high 20s, we get a thunderstorm and the temperature plummets below 20C. 

For me 35c plus temps is the worst type of weather imaginable. So uncomfortable and debilitating,really is a struggle,thankfully rarely occurs in the UK. Don't mind the rain at all to be honest so long as the correct clothing is worn obviously. 

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, markyo said:

For me 35c plus temps is the worst type of weather imaginable. So uncomfortable and debilitating,really is a struggle,thankfully rarely occurs in the UK. Don't mind the rain at all to be honest so long as the correct clothing is worn obviously. 

you have nothing to moan about then, how often is 35c breeched in sheffield? :D

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, cheese said:

completely agree, im no fan of snow but i prefer snow to cold rain. it doesnt matter what you wear, itll keep you dry to an extent, the damp cold penetrates, you breathe it in, it cuts exposed skin, it gives you colds...

in warm rain, i strip off to work! (top only obvs lol) as rainproof clothing only makes you seat. its actually quite pleasurable.

Posted
1 hour ago, mushymanrob said:

you have nothing to moan about then, how often is 35c breeched in sheffield? :D

Never thankfully!:) But i work down Sarf a lot,not this Yorkshire mans favourite place at all:nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
13 hours ago, cheese said:

The warmest rain i ever felt was from an ex Hurricane in August of 04 or 05 (possibly Irene). Felt really strange. 

Posted

oh dear. i checked out the 18z run on meteociel tonight, for the first time since last winter....

and so it begins...

• Like 4

Posted

Near enough single figure nights for the foreseeable,lovely jubbly,can't complain at all:)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

I really want the Atlantic to fire up and throw some decent autumnal storms at our shores. This year is the first year I'm able to drive so I'd love to be able to get down to the beach somewhere and watch the storm waves crashing in. 

Unfortunately all that the models are showing is low pressure systems being deflected Northwards/Too weak to worry about

• Like 1