Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
13 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

tomasz shafffaknacker just said on TV apart from a blip after crimbo its all mild ..

With quite a bit of rain.

Nice.

not surprised in the christmas pudding, January is hardly even winter

Posted
12 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

tomasz shafffaknacker just said on TV apart from a blip after crimbo its all mild ..

With quite a bit of rain.

Nice.

It sounds about right. Let's be realistic to avoid disappointment. 

As things are shaping up 'd be happy with a mid latitude high giving us frost. The current high pressure is too far south and it is mild and drizzly i.e. the worst weather imaginable.

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, karyo said:

It sounds about right. Let's be realistic to avoid disappointment. 

As things are shaping up 'd be happy with a mid latitude high giving us frost. The current high pressure is too far south and it is mild and drizzly i.e. the worst weather imaginable.

Yes it is- its absolutely vile.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Time to indulge in other hobbies that bring more satisfaction for a week or two, while the weather is rank? Or is that too sensible?!

Posted

Sorry about having a whinge but it gets it out the system. Really not enjoying the mild tropical maritime mush that's flooded in over the last 24 hours and which it looks like we'll be afflicted with until Boxing Day. Not conducive into feeling festive at all and so typical of most recent Christmases. I think it feels all the worse because of the bracing weather we have been having.. 

Posted
3 hours ago, mushymanrob said:

WINTER IS OVER! ...... ive just seen a DAFFODIL out in bloom!

seriously.... in risley (between derby and nottingham)

tbh though it is an early flowering variety... *snigger*

The Easter ones are coming on a treat down here.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, knocker said:

The Easter ones are coming on a treat down here.

Must admit i would HATE to be a coldie living in the South west- its bad enough in the north west !! :rofl:

Edited by northwestsnow

Posted
22 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Yes been great spell, 8-15 Dec, lots of snow and ice! best for 4 years, still believe it's going to be a mild winter, Jan and Feb seem pants these days

Agree same here:) we had 3 days lying snow with -8c minimum since 30th November. I’m enjoying today too lovely and mild and no wind. These swings between cold and mild are great!

Posted
1 hour ago, northwestsnow said:

Must admit i would HATE to be a coldie living in the South west- its bad enough in the north west !! :rofl:

Yes they are not keen. Still I've now got my zimmer nicely decorated for Xmas with a neat little added touch. A couple of little effigies of coldies hanging from each handle to ward off evil spirits and to make sure nowt nasty springs from the woodshed.

Posted

Just caught the end of bbc tv weather, Ben Rich said it will turn colder from the north? cannot see that on models, said timing uncertain though, Xmas Day/Boxing Day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
18 minutes ago, knocker said:

Yes they are not keen. Still I've now got my zimmer nicely decorated for Xmas with a neat little added touch. A couple of little effigies of coldies hanging from each handle to ward off evil spirits and to make sure nowt nasty springs from the woodshed.

I like it:rofl:

zimmer2.jpg

Posted

GP's earlier post in the Mad thread has dampened spirits.

This little ole island on the Atlantic, with the gulf stream nearby ..........and the rest is history......and the future:)

3 hours ago, knocker said:

Lol , merry Christmas knocker :)

Posted
23 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

GP's earlier post in the Mad thread has dampened spirits.

This little ole island on the Atlantic, with the gulf stream nearby ..........and the rest is history......and the future:)

I felt sorry for one member who said they expected to see GP post about height rises to our N&NE.

This is the problem with pinning your hopes on background signals. A less stressful way of viewing the models is simply wait until a decent cold spell appears at a sensible timeframe in the model output.

Sadly little hope of a decent cold spell at the moment in any of the model output. If anythiing the very mild S/SWlys into Europe and Siberia continues to be projected.

• Like 4

Posted
On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 21:33, DAVID SNOW said:

Time will tell as ever, none the less its an interesting contrast between the meto further outlook and teits (dave)  verses (if you will)  the other two NW members.

Posted 8th December.......... Good call by TEITS (dave) it would seem...

• Like 1

Posted

Never post in here - but in the mood this evening - as a lover of cold wintry prospects- its sods law this year, we had about 6 weeks of a colder pattern, with lots of northerlies and just in time for christmas - a switch has occurred and we are back to where we have been for seven years now - how much more of this rubbish dull run in to/2christmas can we take,, 2018 must revert to a colder outlook - probability is on your side. I'm reigning for 2018/2019 to deliver the goods - indeed I will say it will!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Every year it turns colder in the US as we approach Christmas, as we turn milder, its all become a bit too predictable in recent years. Winter Equinox tonight of course, so the days will slowly but surely start to get longer from now on. Lots of winter to go of course, but we don't want to see the Atlantic taking charge as we go into January, kiss of death.

Posted
7 hours ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Posted 8th December.......... Good call by TEITS (dave) it would seem...

too many dave's, at least in my area, claret 047 too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Almost certain now that unfortunately, the Atlantic express is going to beat the Daily Express this winter.

Posted

That '10 day trend' video on Met Office site is great.

Saves wading through the tantrums and tiaras posts on the mad thread.

No snow on the horizon unfortunately but some wild Atlantic storms going to visit us for some considerable time. Howling wind and rain, good cloudscapes,and maybe even a bit of thunder.

Proper weather!!

Bad news for those on here who are afraid of getting wet.??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

its looking like there will be no 'bad' winter, no repeat of say 78-9 , id have thought the best coldies can hope for is a 2 week freeze late jan/early feb. many would welcome that, but tbh i doubt we will even get half of that.

• Like 1

Posted

Jesus some absolute nonsense in the model thread this morning and in here. Writing off the rest off winter because of a zonal spell. I haven't even  seen a flake and I'm not even that daft.:nonono:

Posted
10 hours ago, snowray said:

Every year it turns colder in the US as we approach Christmas, as we turn milder, its all become a bit too predictable in recent years. Winter Equinox tonight of course, so the days will slowly but surely start to get longer from now on. Lots of winter to go of course, but we don't want to see the Atlantic taking charge as we go into January, kiss of death.

Agreed! Such a waste of the best part of winter.