Guess it's gone tits up then :rofl:

Nope.

Not buying into it one bit......

uksnowrisk.thumb.png.df71202c8a6de62184ff8f8cedbb38da.png

It's all false news and a sham.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

If there was ever a game of "phrases in posts on the mod thread bingo" , I wouldn't mind seeing "it's getting near crunch time" on my card

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms and HEAVY snow

Just got back from a lovely walk with the granddaughter.  We were lucky enough for her to see her first flakes ( well, tiny tiny flakes) of snow.  Then logged into my facebook account to see a memory from 7 years ago today....me and her big brother building a snowmam in a garden knee deep in the white stuff!  I still believe it will be another white out cone boxing day!! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

It's been snowing on and off all day here in Skegness on look north there graphics had rain here we've had a fair number of snow showers today big flakes to :)

DSC_0017.JPG

• Like 1

Posted

A little snippet from the past. Not the exact one but a stove very similar to this was the only form of heating in the large wooden hut, a.k.n as The  Met, Office, Larkhill, during the hell of the 623 winter. The electric fire had to used to stop the Dines freezing.

stove.thumb.jpg.f6eb3c1841cb8c8f07d4c697d0f87480.jpg

Edited by knocker
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
2 minutes ago, knocker said:

A little snippet from the past. Not the exact one but a stove very similar to this was the only form of heating in the large wooden hut, a.k.n as The  Met, Office, Larkhill, during the hell of the 623 winter. The electric fire had to used to stop the Dines freezing.

stove.thumb.jpg.f6eb3c1841cb8c8f07d4c697d0f87480.jpg

No wonder you hate the cold, Malcom!  That type of stove would surely have been seriously outdated when you were using it.

Posted
4 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

No wonder you hate the cold, Malcom!  That type of stove would surely have been seriously outdated when you were using it.

But it gets better. The radiosonde building was more modern, even with electrical heating no less, but there was a snag. The heating had developed a fault and surprise, surprise, the building was the only one on a huge army camp that was, apparently, the responsibility of the RAF at Boscombe Down. Who of course strongly denied this and thus it didn't get repaired  So working in there at six in the morning was like being in a freezer and even the ink froze. Now hang on ink.......................

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, daz_4 said:

So, northerly cancelled and vortex quickly recovering. Now watch how US gets all the cold :D

So much for all that 'reverse zonality', then?:cray::lazy::laugh:

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, daz_4 said:

So, northerly cancelled and vortex quickly recovering. Now watch how US gets all the cold :D

Yes to all 3.

Its going to get very stormy , the wheels have fallen off,another wet and windy  Dec incoming...:wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
25 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Yes to all 3.

Its going to get very stormy , the wheels have fallen off,another wet and windy  Dec incoming...:wallbash:

yes, what I predicted in CET thread around 18th Nov, very westerly dec coming up, possible 3-4 'named' storms, first one on Friday 8th, wild, mild and wet, another horrible month, in the large teapot

Posted
23 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

yes, what I predicted in CET thread around 18th Nov, very westerly dec coming up, possible 3-4 'named' storms, first one on Friday 8th, wild, mild and wet, another horrible month, in the large teapot

Dont know about the large teapot but i agree about the stormy month- the writing is on the wall as we type.Probs best to leave the MO thread for a while as i'm not sure what you and i are expecting would go down very well.

Posted
1 hour ago, northwestsnow said:

Dont know about the large teapot but i agree about the stormy month- the writing is on the wall as we type.Probs best to leave the MO thread for a while as i'm not sure what you and i are expecting would go down very well.

It's obvious they are trending zonal, could rival Dec 2013 this

Posted

Wouldn’t surprise me if the Snow people had today on the last day of Autumn,is the only snow they see throughout the winter months ,which start tomorrow.

Looks very much like the usual pattern is setting up for Dec ,low pressure to the North ,and high pressure to the South,with some stormy weather too.

Back to fl to look for cold weather ,which never materialises 99% of the time anyway .

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, SLEETY said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if the Snow people had today on the last day of Autumn,is the only snow they see throughout the winter months ,which start tomorrow.

Looks very much like the usual pattern is setting up for Dec ,low pressure to the North ,and high pressure to the South,with some stormy weather too.

Back to fl to look for cold weather ,which never materialises 99% of the time anyway .

was same last year, cold to end Nov, then as soon as we entered Dec, mild air arrived, and stayed near enough whole winter, Dec and Jan are the most westerly months of the year

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
2 minutes ago, knocker said:

As Mark Twain once said about winter (I think), "The reports of my immanent arrival have been greatly exaggerated".

Maybe this post may come back to haunt you, just maybe...........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and Snow, lots of snow...
16 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

I'm one of the lucky ones who actually got some unexpected nice little snow flurries this morning, some pretty large solid flakes which even laid for a while too, kids enjoyed it on the way to school.  As lovely as it was I really hope that is not all the snow we get to experience this coming winter, I've got 4 virgin sledges which need breaking in and have been collecting dust in the shed for the last 5 winters!

Posted
11 minutes ago, Snowstalker said:

I'm one of the lucky ones who actually got some unexpected nice little snow flurries this morning, some pretty large solid flakes which even laid for a while too, kids enjoyed it on the way to school.  As lovely as it was I really hope that is not all the snow we get to experience this coming winter, I've got 4 virgin sledges which need breaking in and have been collecting dust in the shed for the last 5 winters!

We’ve not used the sledges since March 2013,when we had a big snowstorm here.

Hopefully we  all get to see some proper snow this winter,problem is if the usual weather pattern sets up again for Dec,it always seems to get locked in that pattern for months,the reason why their has been so little snow the last few winters.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, SLEETY said:

We’ve not used the sledges since March 2013,when we had a big snowstorm here.

Hopefully we  all get to see some proper snow this winter,problem is if the usual weather pattern sets up again for Dec,it always seems to get locked in that pattern for months,the reason why their has been so little snow the last few winters.

Since around '98 really, as you mention though the odd good month in 19 years, getting HLB in the christmas pudding is virtually impossible, our easterly will come mid March

• Like 1