Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Four true seasons. Hot summers and cold winters.
10 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Think I got told of this morning for mentioning the S word :sorry:

C.S

Who told you off? And why did you say saprophytically? :reindeer-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
23 minutes ago, Seasonality said:

Don't worry, I'm sure IDO will be along with an insightful 240h mean chart to show us the error of our ways.

:laugh: Probably but I skip pass a lot  post in the MOD thread.. I understand how to read the models/ what certain patterns looks good for our little part of the world anyway. I know which posters to pay attention to.

• Like 2

Posted

I'm having a great deal of trouble keeping abreast of the vicissitudes of the other thread. Just the other day lyrical's were being waxed about the 'Potential' of the Scandinavian high pressure but with it's sudden demise affections are now being lavished on the mighty Polar Jet which has 'Potential' to save the winter from going down the toilet. And the ecm is back from banishment. Oh the joy.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

ECM T216

ECH1-216.GIF?14-12

ECM T240

ECH1-240.GIF?14-12

Explosive cyclogenesis in Newfoundland. That's going to give any nascent mid-Atlantic ridge a hard time. It'll all be different this evening anyway, so not worth worrying about.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

But what type of 'potential' are we expecting - light, moderate or heavy? Or will said 'potential' be marginal?:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings
3 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

But what type of 'potential' are we expecting - light, moderate or heavy? Or will said 'potential' be marginal?:D

Fence-destroying potential.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

I seriously wonder at times if some people have the potential to understand that whether it's potentially going to be cold zoneality, potentially going to be cold and settled or potential for an easterly, then no matter the potential, the weather will do what the weather will do and we're totally insignificant in that process!

:wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

I seriously wonder at times if some people have the potential to understand that whether it's potentially going to be cold zoneality, potentially going to be cold and settled or potential for an easterly, then no matter the potential, the weather will do what the weather will do and we're totally insignificant in that process!

:wallbash:

Potentially you could be right! Most people do not grasp the fundamental nature of the models, that what they actually do is sample the atmospheric conditions (using various sources) at a particular time time and then use mathematical equations give an estimate of the state of the system at some point in the future and that the inherently chaotic nature of the fluid dynamics involved means longer range 'estimates' become more and more inaccurate. To put it flippantly, the models do not make the weather but the weather makes the models!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

take it the front loaded "potential "winter has now gone .i cant see anything looking at the nhp -pv that looks anywhere capable of bringing a decent cold shot.havnt seen any update from ian - glosea so im assuming its a suck it and see thing!!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 hours ago, Seasonality said:

Right, not an entirely accurate statement though is it? And would you stop spouting off about TMW unless you're Ian Brown or his biggest fan boy?

This is whiners thread, I can mention it whenever I want thank you very much

• Like 1

Well, another scorcher here on the Hampshire coast. Heating off for 3 days now. As the shortest day rapidly closes in, my thoughts turn towards Spring. However, concerned that come March, the Easterly will arrive as per normal and hang around for the usual 3 to 4 Months. Unfortunately by then, the rest of the World would have had the lions share of Snow / biter cold, leaving us with cool drizzle and cloud. Is Winter 2016 / 2017 over and is Summer 2017 over too I ask myself ?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Not liking the latest runs at all-the return of the south westerlies after the high sinks next week-yuuk!

Nice and sunny today mind even if it is unseasonably mild but i do miss the crisp frosty Winter days which i had hoped for under this block.Now there seems less chance of surface cold with only patchy light frosts likely and indeed cloud may well be an issue for many.

Still it is what it is and i just hope this coming pattern doesn't go on too long.

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

This is whiners thread, I can mention it whenever I want thank you very much

I notice you always avoid the issue when Mr Brown is mentioned, neither do you address the inaccuracy of your statements. There is a difference between moaning and talking nonsense. :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

What a difference between Scotland and the rest of the UK for Christmas day

ukmaxtemp.pngprectypeuktopo.png

not Surprised, Xmas eve that chart, but certainly looks like, Atlantic dominated Xmas, with snow only for Scotland, elsewhere over 300m

Posted
3 hours ago, Seasonality said:

I notice you always avoid the issue when Mr Brown is mentioned, neither do you address the inaccuracy of your statements. There is a difference between moaning and talking nonsense. :rofl:

Not anything like the real nonsense talkers, Corbyn and Madden! think mine are quite realistic, tend to follow and agree with all posts by 'Shropshire' over on TWO

Posted
44 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Roll on an early warm, sunny Spring - by early Feb would be most welcome.

I sometimes wish I liked mild winters. Life would be so less stressful :)

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, blizzard81 said:

I sometimes wish I liked mild winters. Life would be so less stressful :)

I still love cold and dry if sunny. Cant stand fog like we had last week. Cold and snowy is great. But if we dont get that i'm increasingly leaning towards mild and dry as the years roll on.

And if the Winter is, or has been cr@p, i like a warm early Spring. In recent years we've ended up with cold March and April - cant stand those. Even March 13 was rubbish down here - cold but dry.

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted
1 minute ago, Bristle boy said:

I still love cold and dry if sunny. Cant stand fog like we had last week. Cold and snowy is great. But if we dont get that i'm increasingly leaning towards mild and dry as the years roll on.

And if the Winter is, or has been cr@p, i like a warm early Spring. In recent years we've ended up with cold March and April - cant stand those. Even March 13 was rubbish doen here - cold but dry.

I agree, can't stand cold march and aprils.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Everything this winter has been  look at the chart t240 I do give up. 

Mild December Jan feb. 

Then cold easter and northerlies in the summer oh joy

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Disappointed NW members like myself might need some light relief from model-watching at the moment. As such I just wanted to shamelessly plug our Podcast's Winter Special. 

Aside from generous Christmas treats, we look at:

• The winter of 1946/47 (its impact on a battered post-war Britain are rather humbling even to the most ardent coldie)
  • Air turbulence in flight - types and causes
  • Weather on Venus, comparison and contrast with Earth(!)
  • Blockbusters-themed Weather Quiz.

Search for Weathercocks on iTunes or it's also hosted below:

https://www.buzzsprout.com/65644/452447-weathercocks-christmas-special

All I want for Christmas is SNOW!