Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
2 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Erm...sorry?? Don't shout at the messenger :) 

She has to, it's a long way to Greenlaw from Skye and the wind's in the wrong direction today... (god that's a lame attempt, HC)

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, 101_North said:

Certainly potential on Thurs for higher ground to see snow showers. 

16111712_1512.gif

Yep, looking like an interesting drive back up the M74 on Thursday evening, winter tyres could get their first test of the year.  Even if there is no snow, the hail showers usually cause havoc on the higher parts of that road. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

great updates cmd....model thread within the sane thread which is a great help in avoiding the loony bin....to be fair its not been too bad so far although a few of the moaning reverse pyscholigists are starting to stir....some of those guys could come home to Selena Gomez lying in her pants on their bed and they would complain about the colour of pants...

oh and I am semi rural so not sure where that leaves me in the thread....although I'm certain I  more active in snowy weather 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow

The app on my phone which uses DarkSky.net as it's forecast source - now has us down for Snow on Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday..... that's quite an upgrade.

https://darksky.net/details/55.706,-2.463/2016-11-21/uk224/en

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....
15 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Erm...sorry?? Don't shout at the messenger :) 

Indeed I shall whisper for all to hear.....he was right he was! Man, we were buffeted and battered last night and lo! Winter hath arrived! A 10 degree drop in temp from Monday, currently at 4.4c and a beastly wee wind chill intae the bargain. But hark! What is that joyous sound I hear? Could it be the leccy blanket begging for release from it's box? ( Dons Super Hero outfit ) I'm aff tae the rescue! Best release the wee thing afore it gets smothered in dust! :D:cold:

Edited by mistyqueen
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Husband says the temp was 8.3 at 6am and is now 5.3 with a very cold wind.

Posted

Another very pleasant clear and frost - free morning with great visibility and hardly a breath of wind. Temp 5C.  

A positive about these darkening mornings is being up and running at concurrent sunrise and moonset times.

moon 03.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Bright and breezy this morning but not been out yet to check temp or humidity...

So what's the P word?  Psychosis? Pyjamas? Pizza? Poverty?

If I go back to bed now, could the world be a sensible place when I wake up next?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
11 hours ago, edo said:

model thread within the sane thread which is a great help in avoiding the loony bin....to be fair its not been too bad so far although a few of the moaning reverse pyscholigists are starting to stir....some of those guys could come home to Selena Gomez lying in her pants on their bed and they would complain about the colour of pants...

Yeah, but is it snowing outside whilst she's lying there? I wonder how they'd cope with this, snowball fight or....?

y.jpg

Anyway, lovely morning here so far. Blue skies, sunny, light breeze, temp dropped from around 9C overnight to 7C at 9am (Dyce).

• Like 4

Posted

Blustery start with rain through the night, power flicked off and on early morning but it usually doesn't take much for it to do that in these parts. Sitting at 1.5c just now. Showers have been of sleet and occasionally snow since around 8.30am and coming in on a truly bitter wind. Working locally (at around 1300ft) so get a nice view proceedings 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

So, the hail/sleet/rain mixture stays off until I decide to go out and chop some wood. Typical! It's defo a bit nippy oot noo, temp at 3.8c with a wind chill of 0.9c. However, it did at least look slightly white after the hail storm. Pretty! :cold:

• Like 1

Posted
On 15/11/2016 at 15:15, NUT said:

I wonder if we could get a repeat of a day back 2 years ago when we had frequent thundery showers think it was December 2014 wonder if the charts are similair to that event (7 thunderstorms in 1 day I remember here)

I mind that day plus the following days after it. The first day was constant heavy showers with hail and Thunder every few hours. Was windy with a bitter cold wind and any sunny intervals all you could see was more Cumulonimbus coming through.. Horrible day it was.

The next day after that I remember more heavy showers blowing through but this time snow was falling and started to lie. I remember putting grit on the road outside and witnessing a flash of lightening but with little if any Thunder. Sounded like some distanct noise from nearby Industrial Estate but was indeed Thundersnow. This was a Westerly wind too and the Atlantic was at high temperatures (maybe record high) adding to an awful winter with constant stormy weather throught..

Posted

Whilst we managed to reach the incredibly dizzying heights of 8.5 here today - it's felt bitterly cold all day and it's been drizzling on and off for the last several hours.

The temperature took a nosedive about an hour before sunset and we very quickly fell below 3'C and is as I type hovering between 2.1 and 2.8.....

temp_compare.png

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Sunshineandshowers84 said:

Just heard loud rumble distant Thunder

Yep, thunder being reported back home in south Glasgow.  Another interesting  weather event missed, boring down here as per!

Edited by Ross B

Posted

Thunder picked up on the new Microsferics Lightning Network of which myself and Fifeweather are participants. See the mLDN data and timelapse here: http://www.bordersweather.co.uk/wxlightning.php

• Like 1

Posted
46 minutes ago, Sunshineandshowers84 said:

Just heard loud rumble distant Thunder

Had an absolute belter here in Paisley about same time you said

Posted

Seemed to go on for ever

7 minutes ago, Sunshineandshowers84 said:

Had that been during the summer during a hot and muggy evening it may not have been heard here.. That cold air makes the sound travel further all I heard was a very short rumble that was it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Morning, 1 degree (according to car) and horrid, heavy sleety rain here in Falkirk this morning when dropping OH to train station. Brrr and yuck