Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
1 hour ago, CatchMyDrift said:

I've been through the Met-O seven day forecast, the good news is not a single raindrop in the forecast but the bad news is every time slot has a cloud in it. I stopped counting at 70 in a row. @Hairy Celt get the paint cracked open we need to create some excitement. 

Cracked it, wall to wall sunshine at Buckie. Pretty windy but a lovely day, mud drying up being a big bonus.

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Currently -1.8C so looks like another decent frost in the morning again. Forecast for current time was 3C so well out. Could be quite a local effect though. 

Not sure what the temp maxed out at here at home but it looked like the shaded areas of road on the estate kept thier covering of frost all day. 

Posted

Currently 6.2c here but speaking to someone who was in Inverurie yesterday early morning   said roads were very icy. Really a localised  situation. There is a strange feeling about this winter,very few gales,not a lot of heavy rain and  very quick changes from mild to cold.

Posted

Currently -2.8C, which is also the overnight low so far. Looking frosty out. 

Posted

6C in Buckie and according to usually unreliable sources, not much colder inland. Bit more cloud but potential to be another good drying day - washing or paint, or whatever tickles your fancy. (Mrs Slocombe jokes can stop right there before you start.)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Am reading  "Ireland's Arctic Siege"  to remind meself what winter weather is!

Posted

Not so boring for the supermarkets who are having to put up the not avaiable signs in their veg areas because of the extreme cold in southern Europe. Just have to  go back to the old days with only seasonal veg available!! 

Put wintering sheep onto a fresh field of grass today which had been shut up for two months and there is three inches of new growth.Sheep all lying this afternoon completely stuffed,amazing for January.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any storms

Well this is certainly a winter to forget i certainly cannot remember a more boring winter than the one we are currently enduring. Even last years storms when i lost about a months wages after my workplace got damaged was far better than this I'd gladly take extreme weather over money any day just as long as  i stayed alive 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
2 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Not so boring for the supermarkets who are having to put up the not avaiable signs in their veg areas because of the extreme cold in southern Europe. Just have to  go back to the old days with only seasonal veg available!! 

Put wintering sheep onto a fresh field of grass today which had been shut up for two months and there is three inches of new growth.Sheep all lying this afternoon completely stuffed,amazing for January.

Soup must be 3p a tin in Europe whereas we will soon be paying £3 ;)

• Like 3

Posted

Can't believe all the bad-mouthing of the only winter since 2010 to deliver a snowfall. Are you folks nuts? This has been a great winter and will live long in the memory. Or at least until my next snowfall in 2023.....:nonono::D

Eh, okay, so outside of last Friday's miraculous events I suppose it's been quite pedestrian. Interesting to read of the frosts up Ravelins way. Nothing like that here the last few nights, low last night about 5c. You can see how localised the subzero temp were:http://www.met.reading.ac.uk/~brugge/amextremes.html

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Hawesy said:

Interesting to read of the frosts up Ravelins way.

Currently -3.0C so likely another frosty morning to come. Quite incredible really how localised it is. Another day too when arriving home from work there is still frost in the shaded areas that's obviously survived through the day. 

Posted

This winter's weather has not been in the slightest boring, here, anyway. In fact the last three days have been beautiful, with crisp morning frosts followed by clear sunny skies - cloudless tis morning too. . Overall the lack of gales/wind and now the longer daylight hours are additional bonuses. I can tolerate the odd short-lived snowfest in these circumstances. :)

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, ciel said:

This winter's weather has not been in the slightest boring, here, anyway. In fact the last three days have been beautiful, with crisp morning frosts followed by clear sunny skies - cloudless tis morning too. . Overall the lack of gales/wind and now the longer daylight hours are additional bonuses. I can tolerate the odd short-lived snowfest in these circumstances. :)

It has been decent around this area the last few days, pity I've been stuck in an office looking out at it though. 

Overnight low of -4.7C so it's been getting colder every night. Currently just a fraction of a degree warmer than that. As you'd expect, there doesn't look to be much cloud around, if any. 

Models looking to keep us generally dry and settled at least though to the middle of next week. After that we could see something more 'mobile' with periods of rain moving through, but that could easily change at that range. Still nothing particularly cold/snowy showing up. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Good grief! Is that blue sky and sunshine I see? Is that temperature just at 4.6c? Braw! Hope it stays like this for a couple of days at least!

• Like 1

Posted
35 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

The models seem to be thinking about an easterly, that high gets further and further north before collapsing or maybe I'm hopecasting yet again? 

I've only been quickly glancing through the models the last week or so, and not every run. I think you are hopecasting though as I can't see any easterly, never mind one worth mentioning.

• Like 1

Posted

Stunning day here, barely a breath of wind so the sea's almost like a mirror, blue sky...

There's always a fly in the soup though, which today is the start of a murky brown band above the horizon - typical nosebleed weather trait.

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

Still cloudy. You can feel the chill now too. Tomorrow looking not too shabby then looks like back to normal for Sunday

Posted

Superb day here to after an early ground frost and 3c .The frost  lay all day here in  shaded  areas.Wondered if any bits of drifts woud survive to next frost from last week and heres a tiny patch that did. P1200345.JPGCurrently very calm,clear and 4c  with a frosty looking sunset

• Like 2

Posted

Had to trail out to the local coal merchant this afternoon.  Quite a weather contrast over 5 miles or so.   Temp 7C, 3pm  at home, but 0C and heavy frost near Auchenblae.

Glentochty.jpg

Taking this pic nearly caused me a proper skite. :shok:

• Like 5

Posted

It's been totally cloudy past few days and drizzly early week.. However it's also been totally calm with no wind.. It did feel much colder today with cloudy skies but nice and calm with a frost developing now.. The Ochils have been very clear from my neck of woods.. Beginning of week totally covered in snow plus the Pentlands were well noticeable with snow on them but Ochils still looking quite close but all snow gone. Decent light past few days helping..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Was same here Catch, really gloomy. Cleared briefly to show a nice blue sky and now closed in again :( Husband says it was 1C when he got up.