Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Had to make the most of what we had which is basically my cul de sac has a cm of iced snow so tied the sledge to my bike and whisked the kids around....they had a ball....continue to long for something proper before winters end 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

A couple of hours ago the temp had dropped below -2C, now it's 0.8C. No rain  yet but pretty sure now that's what it'll be. 

Posted

Rain on frozen ground and paths. Not a good combination. Ice everywhere, had to cut short the dog walk tonight. He doesn't seem too bothered, currently snoring in the armchair.

• Like 2

Posted

Went to pub at 5pm sun was setting only the slightest sign of the warm front beginning to push in.. Left at 8pm and was surprised the rain had already started. Streets were still icy but was rain falling.. Still raining and will for the next few hours the Warm Front pushing through but soon as it does we have a cold front straight behind. Judging by the temps behind it we're into Returning Polar Maritime Airmass.. Gloomy for next few days but beats the Polar Maritime airflow with heavy shower after shower..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

The rain's arrived to mark the end of the cold (for now), but I can report that I was stalking a couple deer today in thigh deep snow. Not often you get to say that! 

(edit: no bambie deaths, don't worry!)

Edited by NorthernRab
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Morning Kilties! It's 10c here this morning and a proper dreich fest! It was lovely while it lasted and we can only hope we might get another longer cold snap this winter! :cold:

• Like 1

Posted

Great 14 mile walk in the snow and sunshine yesterday, a long time in the making! Fantastic day.:D

Back to the norm today, cloudy, 6c. Everything looks very grey.

Edited by Hawesy
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Nothing much doing in the models at the moment so time for a wee break I suppose.  Quite sure that interest will resume again shortly however as I don't think this is over yet.   Never was one for putting any faith in January around these parts anyway as it never seems to deliver.   Here's hoping for a better February/March.:)

Meanwhile, back at the ranch................

aircam_pic.php.jpe

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Winters in general don't seem to deliver any more Blitzen :( Meh.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.
6 hours ago, mardatha said:

I know Mardatha.   January here tho' for this area, I find particularly fruitless.   My birthday around the middle of February  more often than not can be snowy. Ever hopeful.:)

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow
1 hour ago, mardatha said:

Though it's fair to say - that 09/10 and then 10/11 both delivered, here - and it kind of spoiled us...... I in particular remember than when 2012 delivered zero snow for the entire Autumn, Winter and Spring that I was extremely disappointed - we didn't even get a dusting!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

More green than white now on the grass. Temp 6C.

As Hawesy said a great day for a walk yesterday. Took the dog up to the Sidlaws for a brisk walk in crisp sunshine. Cold enough in the snow for the dog to get back into the car  and home without any mud for a change.

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 2

Posted
5 hours ago, mardatha said:

But springs in Scotland often do March in particular but recently April and May have had some pretty potent cold spells with lack of spring grass growth so the risk of wintry weather is not over yet. In fact I think the trend is for more cold in the spring than in the winter             (? lack of Arctic ice altering the timing of the seasons)

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Yep, and by Springtime you want Spring, not winter. :angry:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow

Oh how lovely..... we have MurderSleet coming according to some "media" establishments.  Anyone heard of MurderSleet before? 

(just for clarification - I don't actually think killer rain is coming)

Edited by asjmcguire
  • Like 1

Posted

<sigh>

Winters suck nowadays. I hate myself for getting mildly excited seeing a "feels like" -4C in the charts 7 days away, knowing full well it won't come off.

It's that bad I may even have to resort to reading the Daily Express and find out when the next SNOMAGEDDON is happening.

FML

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Another dreich fest on the way today then! So bleedin' dull! Temps way up again in double figures,not a proper winter at all! I live in hope of at least a wee cauld blast before 'winter' says goodbye!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

A quick scan through the models this morning shows absolutely nothing of interest for the next week or so, not even a good winter storm. We really are going to be in a no man's land of blandness. If it's going to be mild I hope at least we see some sunshine, and maybe, just maybe a little frost.  

• Like 2

Posted

To be honest,  its been great fun dipping my toes into the model thread and trying to educate myself on reading models this winter but spring cant come quickly enough for me.   Real cold and snowy weather just seems to be out of our reach this winter.       Looking forward to the lighter mornings and evenings.

Posted

Bit of a shock being back to this lame Scottish excuse for a winter, overcast, mild, misty and damp. There was some snow lying when I got home yesterday but thats pretty much disappered overnight and now only the hills have patchy covering. It's not just the weather that sucks, the roads heading up from Edinburgh yesterday were a disgrace in comparison to roads we travelled on from bansko back to Sofia.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Gogoslo said:

To be honest,  its been great fun dipping my toes into the model thread and trying to educate myself on reading models this winter but spring cant come quickly enough for me.   Real cold and snowy weather just seems to be out of our reach this winter....

Out of reach this winter and the previous five and I suspect next winter will be similar fare. The world is changed..... 

Posted

Mornings getting noticeably lighter. Patchy cloud and quite mild, almost feels springlike with bulbs starting to show.