Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Another fabulous winters day  with long sunny periods and a frost lying in the shade all day.      Wintry showers on all horizons glowing pink at sunset. My favourite weather at this time of year currently 0.5c

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Glorious day here and very pleasant to be out in. There was a chill but not really feeling cold as such. I can't say what the temp topped out at, really need to get some sort of shield in front of my weather station so that it doesn't read high in the sun. Probably 4 C or so if the temp gauge on my car was anything to go by around midday. I do know that the temp has already dropped back to -3.8C so it's likely to be another cold frosty one.

• Like 2

Posted

Just been outside and the sparkle on the frozen grass where it has lain in the shade all day is very  intense  in spite of it being only 0c. The ground must be a lot colder to give this sparkle. Struck me too tonight that the ground is freezing up sooner than in 2010!!!!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

indeed when/if the snow comes along at some point the soil temps should be nice and low...just been to the christmas lights switch on and it was 0c but strangely felt far chillier...hands got very cold when taking the gloves off....models pointing towards a spell of similar weather but as ravelin says not nailed on as we could end up dreich....hopefully will be exactly like now and then maybe early December the snow arrives although part of me dreams of no snow until xmas eve and then a massive dump comes along....we can but dream...

I like the frost daddy said the 6 year old today but I wish it would snow.... patience little one....you will need it living in Scotland 

• Like 3

Posted

Well that's the last 2 nights min temp at least matched as the weather station is reading -5.7C again. Let's see how low it can go (and if it sticks at -5.7 I'll start to get suspicious). 

• Like 2

Posted

Morning, only hovering around freezing here, but Loch Glascarnoch was at a chilly -8.7c at 6am on the hourly readings. Potentially colder still tonight. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

A scant -2C right by the water by Buckie just now, and -5C in Keith apparently. @Harve - looks like Tuesday before it gets a bit milder for us, I'm just glad we're avoiding that muck they're getting darn sarf.

@Northern Strath - don't think I've seen Loch Drum frozen over in November before, that's quite a sight so early, and excellent pictures!

And after 8 o'clock, beautiful peachy coloured snowy hills glowing on the north of the firth - looks good from here, must be better for @Northernlights.

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 1

Posted

Grass white with frost and crunchy. The dog looked a bit mystified and went back to bed. Don't blame him!

• Like 3

Posted
40 minutes ago, Richard Taylor said:

Aberdeen airport reporting CAVOK & -7.

I'm reporting -7.7C at 8am and an overnight low of -8.1C. That is cold, and probably the lowest we've seen for a long time. 

:cold:

• Like 4

Posted

Cheers @Hairy Celt  :) the scenery does all the work. Aye was thinking the same myself and snow on top of it no less

Similar to Rav, was posting -8.2c here at the house at 8am, don't have the overnight I'm afraid. Carrbridge was at -9c 8am. Think our coldest for the last two winters was -8c so certainly shaping up well this year

• Like 3

Posted

Fog here in Broughty Ferry, temperature sitting at 0c. Will hopefully clear soon, yesterday was stunning.

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

A scant -2C right by the water by Buckie just now, and -5C in Keith apparently. @Harve - looks like Tuesday before it gets a bit milder for us, I'm just glad we're avoiding that muck they're getting darn sarf.

@Northern Strath - don't think I've seen Loch Drum frozen over in November before, that's quite a sight so early, and excellent pictures!

And after 8 o'clock, beautiful peachy coloured snowy hills glowing on the north of the firth - looks good from here, must be better for @Northernlights.

Yes a fabulous start to the day with very wintry views and real arctic coloured skies. Looking across the Firth can"t help but remember 2009-10 when these sort of views and skies went on for days. Currently   -4c.  Only thing thats missing at our height is deep snow.

Bare  ground is now freezing to a few inches quite rare for November.Still a few neeps to lift but at least the very strong leaves are being burnt off by the frost making them easier to lift. Still 0c at Midday.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Minus 4.7 here first thing. Sunny and blue sky now but dark grey clouds coming over from the north west now.

Edited by mardatha
  • Like 1

Posted

Lovely crisp, frosty morning here in Balmedie.  -1 was the lowest I saw it go before heading to my nest.  Love these types of days.  Just trying to pursuade the kids to join me for a walk down to the beach.  ( fat chance ) 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Nae Frost this morning, a cauld damp misty Autumnal morning with the mist occasionally thinning enough tae see our resident family O' Deer oot having their breakfast graze!

Big Innes

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Another nice one today.   Currently 1.2c and lowest overnight was -0.3c

aircam_pic.php.jpe

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow

So I didn't come back and report after my last post. We reached an overnight low of -3.7 on that day (24 hour AVG of -0.1 Friday).

Yesterday we ended the day with a 24 hour AVG of -0.6!

The overnight low was -5.5 which means we have beaten the records set (at this station) for 2007 and 2009 - 2015.

The only colder November temperature is 2008 which is -6.9

The current 24 hour AVG is sitting at -2.5 with more than half the day gone, it's likely to end up below yesterdays -0.6.

As for mist some people have mentioned - around 3am we had freezing fog here....

card2.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

A sunny day, but penetrating cold. It has been sub - zero all day here.

Just had doggie out for her last walk and noted these odd ,cumulonimbus?, clouds again in an otherwise clear sky.  A bit of a guess, but I think they are hanging around the North Sea in the Aberdeen/Stonehaven/Inverbervie area.

clouds 20.11.2016.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Nearly -5'C here already and I notice that Loch Glascarnoch is down to -7'C, going to be a cold one!

Edited by NorthernRab
  • Like 6