Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
A.J

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

Just looks a little fast so far. Need it to get into NI if its north of forecast.

Screenshot_20171209-235544.thumb.png.cfc037a4dd0120de7fdb5aeb5bc8f978.pngScreenshot_20171209-235556.thumb.png.347f9845b77c1bf04b872b48e156f1b4.pngScreenshot_20171209-235603.thumb.png.52d38fd4ff125da36d1705f5f37f47c8.png

Seems to be lining up with south Yorkshire so far 

Whilst Northern edge of the precip is still edging North East the biggest movement of the heaviest is sliding South East, so Midlands and South are going to get this as forecast.  If we are lucky we may see a covering tomorrow but I doubt it will be much.

The truth is nobody knows how much snow anyone will get simply because the track cannot be pinned down to 50 miles north to south. 

29 minutes ago, blizzard81 said:

The truth is nobody knows how much snow anyone will get simply because the track cannot be pinned down to 50 miles north to south. 

It might miss Heckmonwike but hit Batley mate

Front is still moving North (just reach Buxton / Matlock areas) but I just have a feeling it will stall just to our South?

10 minutes ago, Kentish Snowman said:

Front is still moving North (just reach Buxton / Matlock areas) but I just have a feeling it will stall just to our South?

Assuming it continues to move North at the same rate (seems around 16 miles an hour), the front edge should arrive in Barnsley around 9.  Time will tell!

It’s still creeping north guys. I would still put a chance (although odds against) it getting to Leeds. Just..

Very gloomy snowy skies here in Morley. I can smell the snow 

high res hirlam & aperge spot on- !! Another 20-30 mile slide overnight so think its game over this morning :( 

Radar as it over Leeds at around half 10. Only just tho

Looks like it’s really slowed down around Sheffield?

Edited by Mark Walker

2 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

?????

It looked like it had stalled over Sheffield but its slowed down a lot.Keep going my San

please , hit the Lincolnshire Wolds. I just moved into my dream cottage with views over the countryside, after being town bound for years a snow event will be the icing on the cake.

Just started really light flakes here. 

Looks to be intensifying on its northern edge. Met still forcasting heavy snow for me in chesterfield from now until 1pm??