Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow
3 minutes ago, swfc said:

Forecast is fine. Bbc forecast was just given live and Yorkshire will be fine. Amber warning still in force. Dont expect massive falls tho.50~100 mm

Yeah sounds about right.  The Met Office Warnings are generally updated at around 11am so it will be interesting to see whether the Amber Warning remains for Yorkshire or if it is moved North / South.

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, johnholmes said:

I suspect that after the initial fall of 3-5 cm on low ground in S Yorkshire it will turn to rain on low ground as the afternoon wears on. So my area will end up with a slushy mess. The higher ground west of the A1 may well keep the snow until it peters out but even here temperatures, to me, seem unlikely to fall below freezing overnight Monday. Very unpleasant driving though with any altitude I would imagine.

Yes I noticed that risk John although I would have thought areas West of the A1 will be less prone to this?  Certainly tomorrow anyway?  

The Met Office forecast for my area actually predicts an ice day tomorrow with the temperature then dropping overnight before going above freezing Monday lunchtime although I appreciate there are many other factors to take into account when predicting settling snow!

Edited by Kentish Snowman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Regarding the latest forecasts I don’t think they will have factored in the latest output. But I could be wrong. Think it will be around lunchtime when we start seeing either upgrades or downgrades for the region with warnings forecasts etc.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.

Big downgrade for NW Leeds. Just light snow forecast now. #sadness 

Posted

the 8am met update still has us under amber but snow heavy now 8am-2pm instead of 5am-6pm  but still I'll  take 6 hours of heavy snow! :) don't wanna be too greedy 

Edited by LeeSnowFan

Posted
2 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

GFS now showing it further north again so back in the game! this really is a rollercoaster! who else needs a drink!!

I've hit the bottle all week because of this lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

Tbh the live bbc weather has literally just shown the snow line fragmented and further south???

Posted
12 minutes ago, swfc said:

Tbh the live bbc weather has literally just shown the snow line fragmented and further south???

Yeah I’ve just seen that aswell. So if that latest forecasts Is to be believed expect some big downgrades over our region in next few hours. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow
3 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 10.11.26 AM.png

What does that say its blurred??sorry.thats just nick tho 

Edited by swfc

Posted
1 minute ago, swfc said:

Yes looks a bit dodgy.amber warning prob dropped

Yes think amber warning will be dropped later today. Think West Yorkshire may see 1-2cm with maybe South Yorkshire seeing 4-5cm looking at that forecast. Midlands still looks the sweet spot. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, swfc said:

What does that say its blurred??

yes, I think the models should generally settle now on the track of tomorrow's low, maybe 20-40 miles drift north or south, but in the great scheme of things very little, though may make the difference for rain or snow in 20-40 mile zone north of M4 corridor and Greater London. The low enters mid-Wales and exits somewhere over East Anglia .. so general idea of snow north of M4/London and generally south of rough line between Liverpool and Scarborough seems to be a good bet.

Posted
4 minutes ago, terrier said:

Yeah I’ve just seen that aswell. So if that latest forecasts Is to be believed expect some big downgrades over our region in next few hours. 

Yes looking light and fragmented here. Shame because at one point we looked right in the firing line. Anyway it's already better than the whole of last winter and we're only 9 days in :smile:

Posted

Yes it is looking like the snow threat is somewhat diminished this morning.

Snow now only forecast between 8am and 4pm in my area with heavy snow between 10am and 1pm.  

Still decent if it pans out like that but nowhere near as much as was forecast this time yesterday.

Edited by Kentish Snowman

Posted

Well think it’s all looking a little bit rubbish tomorrow now. At least will still be able to get out and about tomorrow. 8BDCDB5E-1E0F-4AFB-94FF-A16DA4F179AB.thumb.jpeg.e73a4fa4ff489816c5fe20c47232f0e3.jpeg

Posted

Daughter in Manchester at Uni, sent me a video of the snow there this am, from those showers coming from the north west. 

Son at Hull University...hes gutted :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

hmm, just a case of radar watching now tomorrow and hoping some heavy pulses come through, it still looking OK. BBC still shows 7 hours of heavy snow for Sheffield and then light snow after so could still be deep. Weve seen some very good deep snow pics from the showers in NW and Wales over the past few days so it can build up quickly.

Lets face it, after the last few winters its just great to have snow within T24 now! Graphics showing an ice day tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday so not to be sniffed at. Will be very cold if we get laying snow, well below 0 tomorrow night :cold:

sun1.thumb.PNG.cf188ad90199489a05f76855e1f16c71.PNGmon1.thumb.PNG.a399a476e3fb6671d2164e7155fa4e3b.PNGtue1.thumb.PNG.3b5ff95843b699de1276da6014b953fa.PNG

Posted

Well this doesn’t sound good for our region. Honestly think it’s game over for West Yorkshire at least. 91E6CCDB-5378-443B-A4CF-FE68718105C5.thumb.png.6543b466f870941ad6d093cf472a22c7.png

Posted
1 minute ago, terrier said:

Well this doesn’t sound good for our region. Honestly think it’s game over for West Yorkshire at least. 91E6CCDB-5378-443B-A4CF-FE68718105C5.thumb.png.6543b466f870941ad6d093cf472a22c7.png

Warnings should updated in the next few minutes so we will know soon enough!