Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
beerandkebab

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

I'm going bog eyed looking at the lamppost, I hate these new led street lights !! 

Had a ten minute rain shower here and yet to see a flake... Same old lol but more interested in the up and coming cold spell which will probably fizzle out again knowing our luck

Snow now stopped completely, we still got a nice covering. The new LED streetlamp outside our house is useless, not as warm or cheery as the old lamp and not entirely convinced they give better light. The kids, who have the front bedrooms, have complained that they can't sleep due to intrusive bright light. I also find them too bright for driving, very distracting. Preferred the old yellow lamps myself.

snow_20190122b.jpg

• Like 2

Big fluffy flakes here, laying on all surfaces, woohoo!

• Like 1

light dusting here ....... Hull and Scunny got the main intensity by the look of the radar

4 minutes ago, reef said:

Big fluffy flakes here, laying on all surfaces, woohoo!

Yes same here at long last

• Like 1

Just now, Jeremy Shockey said:

light dusting here ....... Hull and Scunny got the main intensity by the look of the radar

Yeah big fast heavy flakes mate. Gonna be a messy freeze up though 

Just now, Light Without Heat said:

Ha ha yeah best for a while and on a westerly mate 

It shows how pants the two easterlies were here last year when a 30 minute spell of snow on a westerly gives just as much!

Just now, reef said:

It shows how pants the two easterlies were here last year when a 30 minute spell of snow on a westerly gives just as much!

Yeah totally, let's hope this next batch of model runs don't vaporise. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OldLandRover said:

Snow now stopped completely, we still got a nice covering. The new LED streetlamp outside our house is useless, not as warm or cheery as the old lamp and not entirely convinced they give better light. The kids, who have the front bedrooms, have complained that they can't sleep due to intrusive bright light. I also find them too bright for driving, very distracting. Preferred the old yellow lamps myself.

Yeah, first time right now I've had chance for a proper LED post watch and I'm finding they have a wider beam on them as the snowfall spread seems broader. 

More of an slushy mess then an winter wonderland but got an covering turned lighter now and more sleety but considering wasnt expecting nothing cant grumble tbh.

• Like 2

Well that was unexpected, a good 40 mins or so of big fluffy flakes and a solid covering here at my father's in  Wrawby North Lincolnshire, my dog certainly enjoyed it 😁

IMG-20190122-WA0016.jpeg

• Like 2

Anyone fed up of hearing day 10 in cold thread good lord!! 

• Like 3

We ended up with an hour of very fine light snow , settled on grass and leaves but not the roads and will freeze solid now and look nice in the morning

Radar seems to be picking up a slight wind change and you never know some of these showers could come over! 

Clear and and icy here, good to see some of you folk got some snow! 

Area of snow showers coming out of Lancashire towards South Yorkshire according to radar, just hope they get over the pennines to effect us.

• Like 1

Getting all excited for another Easterly start of Feb in the Hunt for cold thread....lets hope fingers crossed

A covering of snow in Bempton this morning, just enough to be white all over. Now sat at Seamer station waiting for Manchester train and nothing,

Minus 2.1c here it’s a cold start to the day ! 

Edited by Love Snow

Coldest morning for a long time, scrapped ice of the car -4c

dropped lad off at school went down to -6c 

Only got down to -2c here but that was cold enough to allow most of the snow from last night to remain on the ground. Roads were like ice sheets this morning as the partial melt last night had refrozen. The wifes Land Rover had no problems with it though.

snow_20190123a.jpg

snow_20190123b.jpg

Edited by OldLandRover
  • Like 2