Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
A.J

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, wozafax said:

@Yorkshirepudding That's interesting. My app has no snow at all for tonight other than the odd shower between 12am-2am

Looking at the radar I'm not sure any of that snow to the south will make it this far north? It'll be interesting to see what happens..

We won't get the main front but the old front we were watching this afternoon has been caught and has decayed into a large mass

of moist cloud.

 

This area should produce some snow in places where enough vorcity is present, especially if Emma forces some uplift.

 

Were the dead front not around then its likely the supressed vorcity would have screwed us with a dry gap.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just been watching a very interesting live video chat on you tube by a couple of guys who post on TWO (Gavin P & Quantum)

What was particularly interesting for our region was they mentioned the reason we haven`t had the showers today was down to a rise in `wind sheerings` I think that's what they said (no idea what they are) but they expected these to decline again tonight and so areas that had the recent heavy snow showers should indeed continue to have quite a few more both tomorrow and Saturday

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Always a red said:

Just been watching a very interesting live video chat on you tube by a couple of guys who post on TWO (Gavin P & Quantum)

What was particularly interesting for our region was they mentioned the reason we haven`t had the showers today was down to a rise in `wind sheerings` I think that's what they said (no idea what they are) but they expected these to decline again tonight and so areas that had the recent heavy snow showers should indeed continue to have quite a few more both tomorrow and Saturday

 

really? look keeley on look north just said a quieter spell of weather over the next 24 hours but then our local school 5 mins away has decided to close tomorrow again after being told more snow is forecast! hmmm 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doubt we'll see showers though one near York has not moved in about an hour.

 

 

Can anyone report from west of Sheffield, there's a more solid blob crawling north to West Yorkshire (actually moving more NNW).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LeeSnowFan said:

really? look keeley on look north just said a quieter spell of weather over the next 24 hours but then our local school 5 mins away has decided to close tomorrow again after being told more snow is forecast! hmmm 

She did say there's still some warnings in place but I reckon that will be for drifting snow in high winds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

really? look keeley on look north just said a quieter spell of weather over the next 24 hours but then our local school 5 mins away has decided to close tomorrow again after being told more snow is forecast! hmmm 

Yer there is so much unknown in a lot of Beeb/Meto forecasts at the moment, plenty of uncertainty which TBF they are freely admitting

Have to hope these guys are on the money (very well respected on TWO) and perhaps we will all be back again on radar watching before to long

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Doubt we'll see showers though one near York has not moved in about an hour.

 

 

Can anyone report from west of Sheffield, there's a more solid blob crawling north to West Yorkshire (actually moving more NNW).

Most of this area that's showing precipitation on radar are seeing no or very little snow.

gfsvsactual.jpg.eadc2645cb487935831a04a4f9f36cdb.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cant believe the difference at work in rotherham to home Bolsover, chesterfield. Loads more snow at home, some main roads still covered in snow and still light snow. Most schools still closed tomorrow also. Any chance of any more to come tonight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Doubt we'll see showers though one near York has not moved in about an hour.

 

 

Can anyone report from west of Sheffield, there's a more solid blob crawling north to West Yorkshire (actually moving more NNW).

Haha. I saw that one near York surly that is radar confusion with the blowing snow..

Anyone from there confirm? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wrcstarlet said:

Cant believe the difference at work in rotherham to home Bolsover, chesterfield. Loads more snow at home, some main roads still covered in snow and still light snow. Most schools still closed tomorrow also. Any chance of any more to come tonight?

We're happy just to see a few cm here in Rotherham, we usually miss out on any snow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Doubt we'll see showers though one near York has not moved in about an hour.

 

 

Can anyone report from west of Sheffield, there's a more solid blob crawling north to West Yorkshire (actually moving more NNW).

Not quite west of Sheffield but fIne fairly dense snizzle continues in south west Sheffield

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bradowl said:

Most of this area that's showing precipitation on radar are seeing no or very little snow.

gfsvsactual.jpg.eadc2645cb487935831a04a4f9f36cdb.jpg

Blowing snow confusing the Radars? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Yorkshirepudding said:

Blowing snow confusing the Radars? 

And me. :whistling:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look North forecast just said there is potential for further significant snow tomorrow evening...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Local weather saying potentially more heavy snowfall tomorrow night 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Spikecollie said:

Look North forecast just said there is potential for further significant snow tomorrow evening...

Said last night temps got down to -7 and tonight they'll go lower showing -2.  :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coldest weather since December 2010 coldest March day since god knows when

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Coldest weather since December 2010 coldest March day since god knows when

Including windchill probably coldest March day I've witnessed and I was around for late 70s early 80s winters. :cold:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, inghams85 said:

Local weather saying potentially more heavy snowfall tomorrow night 

Really ??  Hmmm 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to say I haven't been that cold. Which is odd as I usually am freezing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Yorkshirepudding said:

Blowing snow confusing the Radars? 

The light blue is just thick cloud, we always see it (or stuff so light that it never reaches the ground). The darker blues though should be actual precipitation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barking_Mad said:

Have to say I haven't been that cold. Which is odd as I usually am freezing!

Not cold? You must be barking mad!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for late reply but the pale blue area north of York is just ghosting. It's pretty much over my house and we've had nothing since 1100ish.

Having said that @vizzy2004 may have had some snow up on the ridge.

 

Edited by yaffle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...