Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A friend's snowman has started to limbo all by itself.

Some pics from Todmorden

Guys - hope your doing well & enjoying the snow Good luck to all tonight !!!

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Barking_Mad said:

I asked Chris Fawkes about the previous chart posted and chances of it reaching Yorks. He said, 

If that low pushes East instead of north east it will probably keep us in cold air for another week instead of having a slow warm up that some forecasters are hinting.

• Like 1

Just seen Keeley's forecast. Very nice!

Anyway on to the forecast. Showers continuing overnight, eventually confined to Pennine areas. Tomorrow apart from a few morning flurries it's largely dry and cloudy, same for Friday with the uncertainty surrounding Friday night into Saturday for snowfall.

Main concerns seems to be drifting tomorrow with the strengthening wind.

Edited by Reverse Zonality
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hope to god that streamer coming off the bottom of Flamborough head gives us a direct hit. Looks like it might at the moment, but it is such a narrow band. Could give at least an hours dumping from anyone under it, with very little either side!!!

6 minutes ago, terrier said:

We are getting battered by shower after shower in kirkless at moment. Main roads absolutely covered. 

Looks like there could be more on the way too. Good night of radar watching ahead.

2 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

That for your area the mild never arrives

infact 10/10 days you are in a convective light easterly flow so lots more snow chances off the sea...

Oh thanks for the quick reply ??? sure that will make lots happy here ????

I'd normally complain that the showers on radar will be too short to do much but at -6C everything is settling. 

Can also confirm that the grit has failed in Leeds on main roads. I assume it's just too cold. 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

I hope something developes around the Immingham area because that is one long dry slot for me:nonono:

just watching this cam at the moment and loving the snow blowing across the ground with a snow drift in the foreground infront of the wall.

https://www.winkingman.co.uk/webcam/

Hi I'm surprised you haven't had any yet this evening as there's plenty of stuff rattling in off the sea at Spurn and it seems to be heading your way?

Cheers Glenn 

7 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

I'd normally complain that the showers on radar will be too short to do much but at -6C everything is settling. 

Can also confirm that the grit has failed in Leeds on main roads. I assume it's just too cold. 

Well it needs vehicles to bed it in and like you say temps as low as they are it won't do anything.

Today has been great, reminded me of those days as a kid in the late 80s and early 90s where you got one blizzard after another all day long, with it just piling up! About 12cm over the past 24hrs here and conditions like I don't ever remember seeing before with the wind and blowing snow. Radar looks good for the foreseeable so good luck everyone, get your pics and vids up for us all to see. Make the most of days like this! 

5 minutes ago, snow*please said:

well sons school announced already that they are staying closed tomorrow too.

Its deadly out there, i walked home an hour ish ago and its icy under the snow covering, nearly fell a few times ? 

Two words quality boots. You can also buy those grips which should deal with the ice problem.

• Haha 1

All signs of movement on roads and pavements have now disappeared under fresh snow. Ice covered in snow everywhere, this is going to lay for days and be treacherous. -5C here with what looks like quite a bit more snow to come.