A.J

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

1 minute ago, tayzi said:

We have a nice strange orangey glow 

Us too

1 minute ago, tayzi said:

We have a nice strange orangey glow 

Your house is on fire?!

Hmm if you look at showers on radar and cloud on sat24, you can clearly see that all showers associated with that large area of flat cloud (west of holland) are all scattered,small and light as opposed to the towering cumous further north west of it, not sure Im liking that. 

1 minute ago, Harsh Climate said:

Hmm if you look at showers on radar and cloud on sat24, you can clearly see that all showers associated with that large area of flat cloud (west of holland) are all scattered,small and light as opposed to the towering cumous further north west of it, not sure Im liking that. 

Just seen! Think we're in danger of over estimating this the. Heights are called could be hours or light to moderate showers 

2 minutes ago, Harsh Climate said:

I am less concerned now the wind direction has changed slightly. There is also evidence of showers developing in the empty area, see met office radar below....

Screenshot_20180228-182247.png

Apparently tomorrows system is 30-40 miles east where it was modelled. Hmm could this be more widespread than we thought

DXI7I4fX4AAPfyJ.jpg

1 minute ago, inghams85 said:

Just seen! Think we're in danger of over estimating this the. Heights are called could be hours or light to moderate showers 

Still though, continuess light/mod showers at -5c could still tot up accumulations so wouldn't be a disaster but I think like me most want something spectacular overnight and knee dee snow by morning lol

7 minutes ago, Yorkshirepudding said:

ENE 👍

Agreed. 

4 minutes ago, inghams85 said:

Considering I originally thought it was non-precipitous cloud I'm quite happy for anything extra tonight! 

Edited by Reverse Zonality

Blob incoming.... blizzard here now. Can't see more than a few metres down the street.

Big disagreement between GFS and ECM UKMO. GFS milder ecm ukmo keeps the cold going. Heavy snow right now a brief dry spot behind this shower then more to come.

3 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Big disagreement between GFS and ECM UKMO. GFS milder ecm ukmo keeps the cold going. Heavy snow right now a brief dry spot behind this shower then more to come.

Absolutely! ECM 144 bringing the second coming of..... The Beast? 

144_mslp850.png?cb=195

Blizzard in Bridlington right now never seen anything like it 😁😁😁

13 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Apparently tomorrows system is 30-40 miles east where it was modelled. Hmm could this be more widespread than we thought

DXI7I4fX4AAPfyJ.jpg

I asked Chris Fawkes about the previous chart posted and chances of it reaching Yorks. He said, 

About 3 inches up here on Emley moor but some drifts of about 18inches wind has increased and snowing moderately-6.5c:cold:

Edited by Snowbogey

Watching the radar I'm struggling to work out there trajectory of blobs.  They seem to go in different direction. Anything to avoid me for the moment.  How does that reverse psychology work again?

1 minute ago, boyzie said:

Watching the radar I'm struggling to work out there trajectory of blobs.  They seem to go in different direction. Anything to avoid me for the moment.  How does that reverse psychology work again?

Wind direction is wobbling between E and ENE. Tricky to call! 

1 minute ago, boyzie said:

It’ll be reight