Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

14 minutes ago, Reverse Zonality said:

Nor would it surprise me. However showers were already expected for our region on and off tonight so I think there's a reason why we aren't already in an amber warning for tonight. Not expecting these showers to have the same coverage or intensity as those up north.

I agree and you could be right however those forcasts were made before the shift slightly south including most the region in the warning area for Tonight /Tomorrow. So could that spell a slight shift in the heavier showers further south also? 

Time will tell I guess.:drinks:

Edited by Yorkshirepudding
  • Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A friend's snowman has started to limbo all by itself.

Some pics from Todmorden

Guys - hope your doing well & enjoying the snow Good luck to all tonight !!!

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Yorkshirepudding said:

I agree and you could be right however those forcasts were made before the shift slightly south including most the region in the warning area for Tonight /Tomorrow. So could that spell a slight shift in the heavier showers further south also? 

Time will tell I guess.:drinks:

Yes I think the southern shift in the warnings is due to the slow progression of Thurs/Friday's low as it doesn't budge the cold air quickly meaning we keep the unstable showery regime for a little longer. 

• Like 1

Looking further ahead (currently to Tues) the wind remains generally from the east with daytime temperatures barely above freezing. There could be more opportunities in the days ahead that aren't yet forecast... remember last week the BBC predicted a dry and cold week ahead and look how that turned out!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, reef said:

Moderate snow here too (finally), but despite a temp of -2.6C its not really settling yet as the ground is a bit warm from the sun. Might do better once the sun goes down.

i can see that cloud to my East send it this way you not got any lying snow in Hedon ? 

Edited by Hessle Owl

Its amazing how the temperature drops when you do get a decent shower. We've just fallen to -3.7C now after that recent shower, which is actually the minimum temp today.

The ice day looks safe now at least.

• Like 2
Just now, inghams85 said:

This is West and North Yorkshires turn now. The intensity of the showers further South over South Yorkshire is not where near what can be expected further North tonight. Could be wrong though and I hope i am!

Personally I would be more confident of a decent spell of snow this evening and overnight if I lived north of the Humber, roughly. That is where the heavier showers are. I agree the south of the region lighter showers, most probably fizzling before they get here same as earlier this morning before the streamer.

1 minute ago, Hessle Owl said:

i can see that cloud to my East send it this way you not got any lying snow in Hedon ? 

This morning's 0.5cm has remained in the shade, but has pretty much gone where the sun has been on it. It just shows the power of the sun at this point in the season as the temp hasn't got above freezing today.

Roads not bad round here as long as you take car and don't hit the gas too hard. As temps fall and breeze gets up this could well change.

Of course you get numb nuts who just abandon there cars anywhere. No excuse for that at all.

IMG_20180228_153724.jpg

6 minutes ago, BA Baracus said:

Looking further ahead (currently to Tues) the wind remains generally from the east with daytime temperatures barely above freezing. There could be more opportunities in the days ahead that aren't yet forecast... remember last week the BBC predicted a dry and cold week ahead and look how that turned out!

Yep I agree we just need to see how Storm Emma develops in the case of its track and how far it will push up but yes it looks like we hold on to the cold with further snow showers and potential battle grounds as systems try work into the uk.. ?

• Like 1

Like Gw says let's see how this first wave or two behave and if they do reinvigorate whilst moving west,some of us could be in for a memorable night.

Edited by joggs
11 minutes ago, Reverse Zonality said:

Personally I would be more confident of a decent spell of snow this evening and overnight if I lived north of the Humber, roughly. That is where the heavier showers are. I agree the south of the region lighter showers, most probably fizzling before they get here same as earlier this morning before the streamer.

Agreed and the reason for the Amber. The MET will change it if they see more intensification of this first wave though 

Just now, Harsh Climate said:

Wow these showers approaching from the east are already heavy, if they explode inland as some have been doing this could get very interesting!

where are they looking at hitting?