Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
beerandkebab

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

Hi all

Enjoying this while back in the UK for a few weeks. Some glorious late afternoon snow walks with Mylo.

Snowing well here at the moment

White out currently at Spurn. Came from this saw inbound !

Cheers Glenn 

20180228_075528.jpg

20180228_080638.jpg

Edited by GlennP2
Spelling!!
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, wozafax said:

Another good dumping over night here in Ilkley. Bitterly cold. Says -4 on the thermometer but that wind chill is bitterly cold. Snowing again now. Looks like we could get some nice heavy showers this morning. After that I'm just going to enjoy it. It doesn't look like we'll get a lot more between now and the thaw at the weekend. (maybe a bit more overnight tonight). It's been a loooong time since we've had more than a day (maybe even a few hours) of lying snow. 

The difference with today from yesterday is it's a lot colder. I don't think that snow is gonna melt like it did yesterday. 

Have a fun day everyone!

Really good here as well.  I'm just up the road from you and it's coming down like there's no tomorrow :yahoo:

White out here!! :) looks so pretty! many schools closed, buses running minimal services! not even entering the estate I live on! 

Just leaving Huddersfield now heavy snow most of the way from east of Leeds. Roads starting to cover now in spite of morning traffic.

Whiteout in Keighley area. Looks like a decent amount of precipitation has formed towards us...

Whiteout conditions in Huddersfield. Looking at radar think this is set in for a good few hours yet. Shame I made it into work now. 

2 minutes ago, Sunny_AS said:

Whiteout in Keighley area. Looks like a decent amount of precipitation has formed towards us...

Great - isn't it? Harden Moor beckons this afternoon :D

• Like 1

There's About 1.5 inches of snow here, chaos on almost every road with loads of school closures. What would happen if we woke up to a 1987 morning where 2ft was common?

Another few inches overnight, about 5 inches in total now.

Current Temp: -2.8c

Wind: 13mph ESE

Wind Chill: -10c

snow28feb.thumb.jpg.a87977b9de687cdd6daf7e29fdfb1a39.jpg

whiteout again in Wakefield, looks great

I can see it growing in front of my eyes. Really piling up now. 

So after a little lull I the weather for us after some heavy snow showers lastnight. We have line of showers banding and merging together for slightly longer periods of snow for some.. white out for me currently with about 8” of lying snow in areas that wasn’t cleared yesterday with slight snow drifts in places. Lines of showers and merging showers Heaviest of these throughout the day moving more south of the region in areas laters this morning and afternoon before shifting more north again. Again not gospel but I fully expect a further 5cm for a lot in our region maybe more if you catch the most frequent of the showers. I’ve said from day one I fully expect the majority of the region to have 4” if lying snow before weeks end. By this afternoon/Evening I think that should become the case. Enjoy the snow day guys and for those of you that are at work keep safe and drive carefully.. :drinks:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, boyzie said:

I can see it growing in front of my eyes. Really piling up now. 

Yep! Road outside, which is a bus route, is now covered. Gritters seem to have gone AWOL now most of the schools are closed.

Edited by Spikecollie

Travelled into work in Chesterfield from home in Barnsley.  Left early to get in front of worst of traffic.  Roads not good in Barnsley even main roads covered in snow and slush.  Slide roads really poor.  M1 ok in the main but parts of journey where outside lane was very slushy after recent snow.  Not quite so much snow in Chesterfield but light snow at the moment.  Looks like Yorkshire should get quite a few more showers today, so could make journey home interesting this evening!

Wow we've just had a right dumping! Looks like it will be the last one for a while.

• Like 1

Local School has just closed.  First time ever supposedly.

Have you all had a bit now? Everyone happy? ;)

Snowing like mad here. In the bits where it was still deep from yesterday there must be quite some depth now - will stick  ruler in the middle of the lawn later to see!!