Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A friend's snowman has started to limbo all by itself.

Some pics from Todmorden

Guys - hope your doing well & enjoying the snow Good luck to all tonight !!!

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Kathryn Atkin said:

Nothing happening here since last light sprinkling but v cold. I can’t get warm in our house tonight

You sound like the wife?

10 minutes ago, reef said:

This is just ridiculous now, the North sea is totally dead in the direction the showers should be coming from if they were to hit us. We have barely a dusting from one light shower half an hour ago but it looks like at least a 2-3hr wait now.

Yep the North East has been and will be the place to benefit from this set up by the looks. 

Finally, a decent covering of snow outside, the late Feb sun between these showers is too intense, just melts anything that falls before the next one. Now the snow stands a chance.

11 minutes ago, reef said:

This is just ridiculous now, the North sea is totally dead in the direction the showers should be coming from if they were to hit us. We have barely a dusting from one light shower half an hour ago but it looks like at least a 2-3hr wait now.

Evening reef, my thoughts exactly. What direction are these showers coming in at and when will they shift easterly? I'm struggling to see on the radar! We just seem to miss the heavier bursts where as Beverley are doing much better 

5 minutes ago, Craigers said:

This convective energy is moving southwards!!!!!! South Yorkshire should be getting more soon!

Where do you get the energy mov8ng southward from? If anything I'd say it's dieing near the number now 

If you believe the saying about March in like a Lion...out like a Lamb, we should be in for a pretty warm spell at the end of March, you couldn't get much more Lion-like than Thursday forecast !

1 minute ago, sitrap said:

If you believe the saying about March in like a Lion...out like a Lamb, we should be in for a pretty warm spell at the end of March, you couldn't get much more Lion-like than Thursday forecast !

Be careful what you wish for-There's a Bank Holiday weekend at the end of March/Start of April.

But yes on Thursday, March/Spring will be coming in like a polar bear rather than a lamb.

Without wishing to cause too much excitement in here but totally in line with my earlier post this PM I suggest that you all look at the following:

https://www.buienradar.nl/wereldwijd/europa/buienradar/3uurs

This is a 3 hr radar projection from the Netherlands rain radar and shows a large area of organised activity developing just off Ostend and the Hook of Holland that appears to be heading in our general direction as the winds start to veer more Easterly - the potential for some significant accumulations from that later this evening!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3