Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & E England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow
19 minutes ago, Snowbogey said:

Light snow show:fool:er pretty pathetic so far

The warning for our area does not begin until 4pm and that advises some areas may receive 5cms by late evening so give it time!

Posted
3 minutes ago, terrier said:

BBC app just updated. Now got heavy snow all day tomorrow now.

3 minutes ago, Decemberof2010 said:

Does anyone use Weather pro?

Its just changed from hardly anything to the following 

IMG_4331.PNG

Let's hope they are onto something then although I do take all apps with a pinch of salt.

I suspect that things will get more interesting snow wise from late afternoon onwards as per the Meto warning for later.

• Like 1

Posted

I'm getting scorn from work colleagues at the lack of an event so come on  you white stuff, prove me right please! (I have told them its not just about the snow, which may or may not appear, its the bitter cold we've got to contend with as well)

• Like 1

Posted

what was looking like a good set up for parts of south yorks may not be as bad as first thought? or am I too early to start feeling like its not gonna happen? 

someone give me some good news! 

Posted
2 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

what was looking like a good set up for parts of south yorks may not be as bad as first thought? or am I too early to start feeling like its not gonna happen? 

Dont write it off yet, plenty of time for the models to change, and as we know, snow events are notoriously difficult to pinpoint. 

• Like 1

Posted

I do think everyone needs to calm down a touch and be patient (I know easier said than done). It is late afternoon the earliest that the snow falling starts. What we have had falling up to now was a bonus...

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Tuesday to Thursday were always likely to be the best days of the week for our region (Thursday night / Friday blizzard aside as that is not a definite).

The snow showers will be piling in on a freezing wind after that low has pushed through tomorrow morning.  Should be some amazing conditions for the time of year (or any time of year!)  :cold:

Today was always only meant to be the starter so down get too down in the mouth and as mentioned a couple of posts back the warning doesn't even kick in until 4pm when 5cms is possible later so the fun and games haven't officially started yet.

Chin up!  :)

Edited by Kentish Snowman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

looking out across Sheffield city centre now- the sun is sort of trying to shine through a weirdly grey and mucky white sky. We had a sudden mist about 10 minutes ago too.

Posted

I'm still hopeful, I can feel a song coming on to shut out those I work with who mock the models, (c/o good old Peter Skellern) ; 'who's got the last laugh now?'

Edited by Kathryn Atkin

Posted
5 minutes ago, Sunny_AS said:

I do think everyone needs to calm down a touch and be patient (I know easier said than done). It is late afternoon the earliest that the snow falling starts. What we have had falling up to now was a bonus...

:yahoo:

5 minutes ago, Kentish Snowman said:

Tuesday to Thursday were always likely to be the best days of the week for our region (Thursday night / Friday blizzard aside as that is not a definite).

The snow showers will be piling in on a freezing wind after that low has pushed through tomorrow morning.  Should be some amazing conditions for the time of year (or any time of year!)  :cold:

Today was always only meant to be the starter so down get too down in the mouth and as mentioned a couple of posts back the warning doesn't even kick in until 4pm when 5cms is possible later so the fun and games haven't officially started yet.

Chin up!  :)

Great Post thanks :) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days

I confident that come tomorrow evening the majority of our region will have 4” at least, The unlucky ones might end up with a couple of inch the really lucky ones may end up with 6-8”. 

Then further build ups during the course of Wednesday & Thursday. If the majority of that remains till Friday and that low comes off.. Could get exciting I’ll say no more..

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, terrier said:

EB33FC81-6D97-49B7-BC28-A88508F2DC13.thumb.jpeg.b1bb6c56c744edab671ac206929a3b73.jpeglook at that for Friday :cold::cold:

You can see the low out in the SW approaches on that chart yet the front is across the Midlands and the snow pushing up to Scotland?

Looks quite strange but I will take it all day long!  :cold:

Posted

On Thursday Paul Hudson mentioned a big snow event on Friday it's amazing what data he gets to see.

Posted

Three images below showing wind speed and direction today, tomorrow and Wednesday.  You can see the increase in expected wind speed. Going from force 3-4 this afternoon to force 7-8 on Wednesday. Showers should be a lot beefier once the wind speed picks up.

7-1519657200-4.gif

7-1519743600-4.gif

7-1519830000-4.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: NLCs and Thunderstorms

Looks like I'll have fun driving to work in the Howardian Hills tomorrow morning. Might finally get to use the snow shovel that I bought 5 years ago.

image.thumb.png.78e17b9db6edfde57f17238f947065a0.png

Edited by Tony M

Posted

Afternoon fellow snow seekers 

ok so since this morning  we have had light showers on and off... Nothing to write home about and nothing on the ground at the moment! The sun has attempted to shine through the clouds on a couple of occasions but again nothing worth a mention. We have just had a more heavier shower of snow... Yes proper flakes.. None of that powdery rubbish but only lasted 5 minutes! back to light tiny flakes as I type and falling so slowly it's pathetic 

Dosent matter what app, channel or radar I look at ( I've searched a few) !!! They all completely contradict each other. Will we see something tomorrow? Honestly I'm not sure now and wouldn't place a bet on it. 

Lets see what happens later with the updated met warnings